Remote vs keypad issue Mark VIII

wkokaneeman

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Have a question. when using my remote to unlock the car, it works fine. when I use the keypad to open it, I think it goes to my wife's setting with the seat/mirrors/steering wheel, etc..
I've reset my remote, and that didn't help. I obviously did something somewhere along the line to have this happen.
How can I fix it?

I only know a little about the first gen cars from owning one, but you can program 1-3 fobs to your valet computer. When you jump out the molex plug behind the glove compartment you program them in order 1,2,3. Its possible your wife's setting is #1 but your fob is #2 in the programing order. I know when I unlock my car with the fob it goes to my setting but my dad decided to set #1 for him self so if I use the keyless entry buttons it sets to his defaults...

Im not sure how different it is, but on mine, inside the car there are 2 buttons for the cars presets, 1 and 2. Try getting in your car setting everything the way you like it and save it as preset number 1. Then see if it still does it.

Members online

Back