remote starter questions

jeffyman215267

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 ls v8,i would like a remote starter installed,does anyone have one?what kind and what about coded keys?:confused:

I have a question, will all the windows still roll down with the remote start unlock button? to lazy to search

heres my DIY remote start instructions

75693d1236831423-blackbeautys-transformation-has-begun-viper-remote-start-installation.jpg

Wow. What a mess.And I belive you can still roll down all the windows with a remote start, you would just need to hit the open button a few times.

I just had an Autostart brand 1 way Remote Starter installed yesterday. Too early to truly give an opinion based off of experience with it but due to issues with the bypasses available and the late hour on a Saturday evening, the extra key I had is now part of the install due to being used with a universal bypass. Kind of a pain that I now need to go have another key(U can self program...look up www.installsupport.com) but crap happens. Only thing I can offer is for you to have a professional install it. Our cars can be tricky enough without us jacking up sh*t by diving into things we have no business doing. Not everyone is mechanically / electrically incline. ;)

I have a question, will all the windows still roll down with the remote start unlock button? to lazy to search

not with the unlock button
yes with an AUX button.

the lock and unlock wires will tap into the lock and unlock wires coming from the key cylinder in the door to the DDM, you will also need to run one of the AUX channels to the lock wire (for windows up) and another to the unlock wire (for down) and set the pulse time for the channel to about 20 seconds

the extra key I had is now part of the install due to being used with a universal bypass. Kind of a pain that I now need to go have another key(U can self program...look up www.installsupport.com)

you could go with a bypass like the PKall from xpresskit.com instead of one like the 556U that you need to put a key into

the PKall just needs to be programmed just like a extra key, but you dont have to lose a key, best bypass to use for all fords

heres my DIY remote start instructions

75693d1236831423-blackbeautys-transformation-has-begun-viper-remote-start-installation.jpg

i just threw up in my mouth just a little bit, i dont know what is worse, the T-taps or just the rats nest of wires, nope , its actually the test light being used instead of a DMM

Members online

Back