Remote Start

Ahhhhh...... Nothing like cooled seats!!
Still have to cool the surrounding air. So, to me, remote start trumps cooled seats.
i see your cooled seats, and your remote started air conditioning, an i raise you both remote started cooled seats (2nd gen and viper FTW)

Mine works perfect in the summer but when the temp drops below 30 degrees it won't start. It acts like wants to start but won't.
there is a problem with your engine monitoring, if the system was set to monitor engine speed like it should be if done properly using the systems tach wire. this should not happen, a lot of places will just do a timed cranking setting instead of actually doing the extra work and the amount of crank time should be increased a very little amount. not necessarily a great ideal if the car is much harder to start in the winter and you want to use it year round. (which is why the tach monitoring is always the best way to go)

I too experience that in cold weather once the engine is completely cold . It always starts on 2nd attempt.
check out above comment, if it always starts on the second try, the setting probably need very little crank time added at all.

My installer says he sees it a lot on v8 cars in cold weather.
if the system was set up to monitor engine speed, it would know exactly when the engine was running on its own, and crank the starter long enough to start every time with out over cranking when the car is easy to start.

Do not do it yourself, period. No need to discuss the other misconceived notions.
quoted for truth

Also, get one of the better alarms... ... High end viper, clifford, or python.
I happen to agree totally, they are hands down the best designed, most reliable systems with the fewest problem i have ever installed.

I will call u on the remote cooled seats as I do not like breathing hiot ass air when I get in my car. Beat that.

i love hot air, if its hot enough, i almost forget that i live in sh!tty michigan!

i love hot air, if its hot enough, i almost forget that i live in sh!tty michigan!
Move to Texas, and I bet you'll change your tune. lol

Summer time when the temps only get up to the 90's, a car will reach about 140 degrees. Last summer we hit 105 or higher nearly every day for over 60 continuous days. Live through one of those and I'm sure you'll get over your love of heat very quickly.

I live in Arkansas and I hear you on the heat... Sucks and we don't get as hot as Texas. Hence the reason to install a remote starter.

Move to Texas, and I bet you'll change your tune. lol

move to michigan, and you will beg for the heat back!

if you dont have a problem with depression yet, a year of piss poor weather and gray skies will sure cause a case of it

Members online

No members online now.
Back