remote start

jdouglas22

LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to do a remote start in my 01 Found a wire diagram for the 01. I know I need to get a by pass because of the Lincolns security and saw they have a couple on Ebay that you do not need to use the extra key. does it matter what remote start that I get i'm not to picky as it boils down to price more then anything. But I saw a couple remote starts plus alarm and keyless entry for less then 100.plus the bypass kit for around 50. Got a couple quotes for 150 for just a remote start without keyless and alarm. Said around 300 for all install. But if I just got a basic remote start will my remote for keyless still work and factory alarm? I don't care to carry around the factory remote plus a remote for remote start. Thanks for all your help.

From my experience the factory key fob will still work with the remote start, at least mine does. I quit using my remote start key fob altogether since it would really screw up my memory settings for the steering wheel, seat, and mirrors. Probably an underlying problem but the easiest thing was to go back to the factory key fob. My remote start was a factory installed option and the box itself says Fo.Mo.Co. right on it. The key fob however doesn't so I don't know what the deal with that is.

Long story short, your factory key fob entry should work with a new remote start key fob.

I have an Autostart AS2775 remote start and have retained all oem functionality. Even controls the wheels. It is a Dei Industries product.

Marc I take it you also have a by pass also put in? Our was it just that I found that remote start for about 90 not bad.

does it matter what remote start that I get i'm not to picky as it boils down to price more then anything.
kinda, cheap RS systems are well cheap, they break down a lot more, they tent to have less safety measures to protect the car, and they tend to have more problems.

But if I just got a basic remote start will my remote for keyless still work and factory alarm?
yes, adding extra stuff to the car will not disable and factory equipment.

My remote start was a factory installed option and the box itself says Fo.Mo.Co. right on it. The key fob however doesn't so I don't know what the deal with that is.
its a dealer installed option, factory installed systems are designed in to the car like the new chevys systems where the remote start is just another function added to the ECM,where as a dealer installed option is only as reliable as the tech who installed it, and often not done well or right.

OP: personally two things to consider

A: by just ordering a system online, and installing it yourself, it will not be warrantied (which can be a huge deal if the install is done wrong or the system malfunction and causes thousands of dollars worth of damage) even viper systems which a have a lifetime warranty, only get the warranty if it is purchased AND installed by an authorized location

B: i always stay away from garbage brands, any of the D.E.I. brands are great and reliable systems, also most of the DEI brands have a virtual tach setting, with most newer ford systems, the standard tach wire can have a lot of issues, mostly because when the car first starts, the motor runs a high percentage faster than after a few seconds when the idle drops. (most systems see this drop as being too far out of the "normal" range, and will shut the car down)

@1loudLS dealer installed yes, I was stumped on it it though when it had all Ford markings, except the key fob. You are definitely correct in it only being as reliable as the tech who installed it. At one point it didn't work, and out of the blue 6 months later I clicked the button and it started right up. Except with my mirrors pointed to the sky, steering wheel all the way up, and the seat made my head stick out the moonroof.

Members online

No members online now.
Back