Remote START

LLLL

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
OK,
So I want to get a remote start system for my 2004 LS. Now all of the remote starts systems I have seen have to be purchased with a new alarm. Well I dont want a new alarm. Does anyone know where I can find a remote start that can be used with my OEM alarm.

Thanks

bro, when i lived in new york... there is the place that will do it mint! you have to travel to queens, though. it is on atlantic ave. they are called stereo upgrade they not only do car systems (where i got mine done)! but they also hooked up my factory alarm with the remote start. then later i went and got the shock sensor installed, they are awesome, and they WILL treat you right. if you are interested i got their contact info.. just let me know bro.

Check your local Best Buy or Circuit City, they have remo's and they can usualy be piggybacked onto most aftermarket alarms. You will need a spare key for the bypass module, unless you purchase one with a key in it, but its like $90 for the one with the key.

Jeremiah

no way bro., i do not trust those butchers over there! i need 9 freaking relays to be installed in my car when i had my remote starter put in (cause i have like most fords do a high current A/C system), i do not think anyone would be that intelligent to do that. $90 bucks is not bad... but i paid $150 parts and labor... and i can remotely start my car from 300 feet away, and i still do not know how far it can go to tell you the truth.

Yeah I mean I want to put it in myself. Does anyone know where i can get on online?

dont know if it makes a difrence but when i had my remote starte dput in 2 year agon in the old contie it was like don good and worked real good

dealer has oem solution or go to lincolnaccessories.com

Ok I went on the lincoln eccasories website but I cant seem to fing which one is for piggybacking on my already existing keyless entry and alarm.

Any idea which one it is?

LLLL said:
Ok I went on the lincoln eccasories website but I cant seem to fing which one is for piggybacking on my already existing keyless entry and alarm.

Any idea which one it is?

I would not attempt to install an alarm or remote start unless you have a good amount of experience as a mobile installer. I am not talking about hooking up your buddies stereo either. I mean unless you know what you are doing and are fluent with a digital multi meter, bad bad things will happen. Believe me, I am a mobile installer and many days are spent fixing stuff that people "thought they knew what they were doing". For an LS, you have to hook up the Key sense, the bypass module, first and second starter, first and second ignition and accessory. Door locks require tapping into the [Drivers Door Module]. Just did a full feature alarm with remote start on my personal LS and it took me about 4 hours, and I do this day in a day out, but I really took my time because I wanted it nice a hidden. Sorry guys but I have seen too much stuff fired and damaged, an LS is one expensive car to fry. If you are a beginner, you are in way over your head. Local stereo shops are great, but the big boys you know for sure are insured, and if they damage your car, they will pay to fix it. Many of our local shops don’t carry insurance for damage claims on customer’s cars and getting them to pay for it is real hard. Talk with the installer first and get a feel for how knowledgeable they are, if they seem good then go for it.

Jeremiah

I was under the impression that the lincoln OEM system was setup to run directly off exiting harness(es)...but I'm not positive. easy way to find out is call dealer and ask the labor charge and/or what's involved with this.

beaups said:
I was under the impression that the lincoln OEM system was setup to run directly off exiting harness(es)...but I'm not positive. easy way to find out is call dealer and ask the labor charge and/or what's involved with this.

Beaups,

Sometimes alarm manufactures will make inline harnesses for remote starters, thus limiting the amount of wiring needed to be spliced in, but there are no harnesses for the Lincoln due to the low demand and complicated ignition system. It is all computer controlled at the key. Usually there are big fat wires at the key for the starter and ignition, but the Lincoln is computer controlled and has little wires. Take it to a reputable shop; I would hate to see anyone really mess up such a nice car. As for the factory system, you are correct is it all intergrated into the car with factory harnesses, but there is no remote start on it.

Jeremiah

LLLL said:
so basically there is no way?//// :bash:

bro, i can give you the number to that shop i told you about, and you can speak to them if it can be done or not. even if you are doing it yourself, they can tell you straight up if it is possible.

LLLL said:
so basically there is no way?//// :bash:
Go to your local Lincoln dealership. Tell them you have a 2004 LS and you want the dealer-installed remote start option.

An RTFM Moment:
Note: The SecuriLock passive anti-theft system is not compatible with
non-Ford aftermarket remote start systems. Use of these systems may
result in vehicle starting problems and a loss of security protection.
-- 2004 Lincoln LS Owner's Manual, Page 150
LINCOLN ACCESSORIES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
A wide selection of Genuine Lincoln Accessories are available for your
vehicle through your local authorized Lincoln or Ford of Canada dealer.
Following is a list of several Lincoln Genuine Accessory products. Not all
accessories are available for all models. To find out what accessories are
available for your vehicle, please contact your dealer or visit our online
store at: www.lincolnaccessories.com.
Peace of mind
Airbag anti-theft locks
First aid and safety kits
Full vehicle covers
Locking gas cap
Navigation systems
Remote start
-- 2004 Lincoln LS Owner's Manual, Page 308, 309