remote start security system?

sho89mtx

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My dad bought a car with an audiovox prestige 4-button remote start security system on his car and it's awesome! Does anyone know what a good one for the mark VII is? There's a guy down here in OKC that said he can program your factory remote to do all that for $179 installed, so i might look into that, but does anyone have one of these systems on their cars? It's pretty nice, it has a screen and all kinds of options, but would be very nice for the winter when u want the car warmed up and don't have to do the 2 key remote thing like i do in the winter with my car :)

sho89mtx said:
My dad bought a car with an audiovox prestige 4-button remote start security system on his car and it's awesome! Does anyone know what a good one for the mark VII is? There's a guy down here in OKC that said he can program your factory remote to do all that for $179 installed, so i might look into that, but does anyone have one of these systems on their cars? It's pretty nice, it has a screen and all kinds of options, but would be very nice for the winter when u want the car warmed up and don't have to do the 2 key remote thing like i do in the winter with my car :)

I have a Clifford alarm /remote start, the remote is a two way with a range of a mile, it will start my car open the trunk and a full alarm. It was about 650 bucks, expensive yes, worth it yes! There are many others out there. Just keep looking, audiovox is not the best brand to go with I know that much.

-Eric

I have the DEI Viper 560xv. I got mine relatively cheap (it is a $300+ alarm installed, and I paid $165 including shipping...and installed it myself). It locks/unlocks, pops the trunk, and is a remote start. You can add modules to it (as with most alarms) for it to do other features. :Beer

I was a Viper dealer for 12 years so I'm partial to them but we installed plenty of Prestige systems also. Any system is only as good as the installer who does the work.
On my '94 I have the Viper 560v mentioned by 1wykdmk8. It gives complete 2 way protection alerting you if someone breaks in your car. The remote start also shows you on the display when the car starts so you don't have to be able to see the car to start it. The range is great.
On my '98 CE I just added remote start and a shock sensor and use the factory remote. I didn't want to mess with the memory system that moves the seat, steering wheel, and mirrors. Sometimes those functions won't work with an aftermarket transmitter and I didn't want to lose them.

I agree I've installed DEI Viper alarms for many years (among MANY others). I've got a DEI Viper 790XV and I love it. I've got a lot of stereo equipment in my car and I caught one of 2 kids trying to breaking into my car. If it wasnt for the 2 way feature all that stuff would be tore up (to hard to get out they would have destroyed it getting it out of the dash) I've got alot of stuff bolted on my alarm, prox, batery backup, a couple of window mods also so my windows and sunroof open and close etc. My recomendation is viper or a name brand, not one of those knockoffs that are ALWAYS full of suprises. Also have a pro install it you'll thank yourself later. Also be prepared to get a bypass module if you want to get remote start to work.

when you install one of these systems do your memory seats and stuff still work or not?

phreakness said:
I agree I've installed DEI Viper alarms for many years (among MANY others). I've got a DEI Viper 790XV and I love it. I've got a lot of stereo equipment in my car and I caught one of 2 kids trying to breaking into my car. If it wasnt for the 2 way feature all that stuff would be tore up (to hard to get out they would have destroyed it getting it out of the dash) I've got alot of stuff bolted on my alarm, prox, batery backup, a couple of window mods also so my windows and sunroof open and close etc. My recomendation is viper or a name brand, not one of those knockoffs that are ALWAYS full of suprises. Also have a pro install it you'll thank yourself later. Also be prepared to get a bypass module if you want to get remote start to work.

What kind of a window module do you have? I have the DEI 530T and it's been glitchy since the first day it got installed. It gets stuck halfway up or down, so it takes several pushes of the button to open or close the window. The installer said there's little he can do, because the windows are so heavy. He tried changing the resistor pins and all that, still no luck.

Members online

Back