Remote start brands

unity

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a brand of remote start that is fore sure compatible with the Mark VIII and its security systems? Preferable something that will still allow use of the factory fobs to do the basics, but thats not required.

I use Python, had to get about 8 relays installed to do everything. It only cost me $100 and it has a sick range. I can remote start my car at least 300 feet away. :)

I use Python, had to get about 8 relays installed to do everything. It only cost me $100 and it has a sick range. I can remote start my car at least 300 feet away. :)

8 relays? I am not at all familiar with these, why so many relays. Did you do this on your own?

Crimestopper is all I use, I've just disabled the factory alarm but the factory keyfobs still work. The factory system could be wired to the aftermarket alarm to disable the alarm. My two-way crimestopper unit gives me somewhere around 1000 ft. range, depending on obstructions of course.

I picked up a code alarm ca-670 from hellvez here on the board. Cost a whole hell of a lot to get installed. It worked great. BUT they couldn't get the 2 way paging to work, something with the marks system but oh well. Now my girlfriend somehow disabled the alarm function I can still lock the doors but the alarm doesnt work.

Very disappointed :(

two-way paging would have been a defect with the unit, there typically isn't any programming related to the two-way system. It either works or it doesn't. I'd say something is messed up with your unit. The factory system would have no effect on the two-way.

I Have a viper,model 560xv its the best lots of extras!! directed.com

poop-1.jpg

I put a CompuStar 2-way remote start/alarm in my car.
I love it so far and the range is the best I've ever seen. I've had different units in every car I've owned and this is the best yet. (ie: I can walk down the street, 30ish houses or so, and across the very large school field to the street on the other side, and it will still work... and thats with the antenna hidden under the dash!)
I unplugged the oem alarm as it does next to nothing anyways and the new one has a starter kill as well, and the range sucks on the factory stuff. I added a few goodies to the new one too.
If you want some great info on installs, relays, etc specifically, www.the12volt.com is good...
You can't go wrong with the CompuStar or DEI stuff, or any of the bigger names really for that matter...

So it sounds like I would be better off not worrying about the factory alarm and consider it a bonus if I keep it working right. :)

I like the two-way pager ones, that I what I will probably look into.

Does anyone know if there is a way to have an aftermarket alarm control the seat memory function

Why, so if someone breaks in the seat move all the way forward so no one can drive? Brilliant!

Actually, thats not a bad idea... imagine a system that did do that? Move the seats, steering, etc?

any alarm that has aux channels can opperate the seat functions you just have to know how to interface with the switch

I installed a Directed in my 96, works great and was pretty easy to do-I like that they are available for questions/tech, have remote starters in 4 of my cars (2 GMs, a Chrysler and my Mark)-about 500 foot range too. Less than $100 each.

My remote starter gave me hell today. While installing new speakers I wanted to reset the codes so I unplugged the battery. Re-connecting it sent the alarm (which doesn't work to shock anymore) off and my remote wouldnt shut it off. Ok so I get it to work and go to the movies....same thing, this time the valet switch and manual over ride switch didn't work for over 10 minutes. We were stuck in the middle of a mall parking lot at 1am and I had to piss horribly. My passengers door lock (which never worked right and makes a horrible noise when I unlock using power/keyfob) was stuck making this horrible noise as well once I finally got the alarm taken care of. So I rip off the door panel, and rip out a few wires (none solved it ) and I guess eventually the motor that controls the power lock on that side died because it slowly stopped after 20 minutes, mind you I have to drive home like this....at least I got the piss taken care of. My remote starter is worthless now I wanna get rid of it but I don't wanna mess with those wires, either that or get a better unit

code alarm ca-670.

Oh and if I didn't mention earlier somehow my gf was playing with the remote (only the 6 button remote because no one could get the two way one w/ lcd to work) and disabled the alarm, like when you hit it before it would go off, not anymore. Took it back to where they did it and nothing, they couldnt find anything wrong and had no idea how to fix it.

No alarm anymore, got the remote start taken care off. I wanted the alarm more than anything though :mad:

ehhh.. why would u get a remote start? Im honestly not a fan of them at all..

Um, I live up north for one thing. I will be nice to get in a warm car in the AM!

And second, I am wiring it to the keypad so it starts when entering the code, just for fun :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back