Reinstalling Intake Manifold... where does ground strap go?

Brian Mifsud

LVC Member
Reaction score
I started this project before Covid.. and relied upon memory which isn't working to put things back.. The wiring harness for the fuel injectors is routed behind the intake manifold. I pulled the manifold to replace 100% of all cooling lines and hardware (car is 2004 Thunderbird). Manifold went back in fine along with new gasket. There is a ground strap attached to the plastic mounting bracket which attaches hardness to top rear of Manifold. The strap is about 8" long from connector to connector. One connector (really an eyelet or flat with hole in it ) has a 1/2" long copper prong extending 90 degrees from the eyelets' end. There is a stud extending out of the firewall very close to this strap, and makes sense that one end is meant to be attached here. Where does the other end attach? If COULD reach the Cosmetic Engine Cover which is bolted to studs coming out of the passenger side head. Just don't see any tell tale marks in the paint of the bracket.

PXL_20210726_010627893.jpg

PXL_20210726_010648732.jpg

I can't tell you where that goes, but if you think about its purpose, it is to maintain ground between the body and the engine. Any two bolts that accomplish this with the amount of cable you have, will do the job.

I was thinking the same but hoping someone had a quick answer. You're right.... I'll ring out a couple of options which are close enough to make sure I'm not screwing it onto a chunk of plastic going nowhere.

Thanks

Brian

I'm pretty sure one of them goes to a mounting tab on the underside of the cowl. Which one... not sure. But it may not matter since it is most likely a ground.

Members online

No members online now.
Back