Reg unleaded

Lol I guess these guys read the title and went blind to what I was asking, thanks to those who helped and lol to those who started off the bat, riding, about it.

dont worry about it, the gas currently in the tank, however you should put in what is called for. as for octane booster, while i'm pretty sure it cannot be purchased anymore, check to make sure what you put in is compatable with catalytic converters.

that 104+ used to not be, but i think it's changed, that or IIRC they have two different versions, one in a red bottle - not for cats, and one in a green bottle - OK for cats. ....been a looooong time since i've looked at octane boosters, so i could be totally wrong.

once you get to half tank, top off with 91, rinse and repeat until you've burned through it all.

On the octane booster, when they say you get a 3 point increase, they want you to assume that putting one bottle in a tank of 87 will get you 91 because nobody would pay them 6 bucks a bottle if they knew the truth. What it will get you is 87.3. In order to take the octane for 10 gallons (or whatever the instructions read) you have to add 13 bottles. It would be cheaper to visit the local speed shop for a gallon or two of high octane racing fuel provided the speed shop has unleaded racing fuel. Leaded fuel will contaminate the cats almost instantly.

dont worry about it, the gas currently in the tank, however you should put in what is called for. as for octane booster, while i'm pretty sure it cannot be purchased anymore, check to make sure what you put in is compatable with catalytic converters.

that 104+ used to not be, but i think it's changed, that or IIRC they have two different versions, one in a red bottle - not for cats, and one in a green bottle - OK for cats. ....been a looooong time since i've looked at octane boosters, so i could be totally wrong.

once you get to half tank, top off with 91, rinse and repeat until you've burned through it all.

Yea I just topped it off with 93 I'll keep at it and now I hang my phone up and pay attention to the buttons I press lol.

My wife runs 89 in hers, No problem. 12 yrs, 87k miles. Computer compensates anyways.
Less power & less milage, but you can't tell a wife anything, they know everything! Ask them!

that is not how octane rating works.

the higher the octane rating, the more pressure it takes for the mix to ignite on its own, without spark.

with a motor with a high compression ratio, you dont want the fuel to ignite too soon on it own (boom)

there is not "extra fuel" left over in 93, the computer would read this, and adjust the mix.

well im not sure what you were reading there when you typed the first sentence, but the question was intentionally vague bc there isnt a measurable/accurate answer to it. I was referring to the energy density of the 93 octane fuel (no one on here can measure it, so dont even try to debate it) and whether or not money was being wasted on the engines inability to capitalize on the delta in energy density btwn 93 octane and 91 octane.

Yea I just topped it off with 93 I'll keep at it and now I hang my phone up and pay attention to the buttons I press lol.

I filled my tank halfway with 87 once. I hit the 93 button and then started pumping. Halfway through the fillup I noticed it said 87! The attendant said they are all out of 93 so all the buttons pump 87! Needless to say I don't go there anymore.

I filled my tank halfway with 87 once. I hit the 93 button and then started pumping. Halfway through the fillup I noticed it said 87! The attendant said they are all out of 93 so all the buttons pump 87! Needless to say I don't go there anymore.

thats fcked up even worse than those stations that only show the price for 87 on the sign and then instead of the normal pattern on 10 cents more for midgrade and 20 cents more for high test they do some sh*t like 40 cents more for hightest..

well im not sure what you were reading there when you typed the first sentence, but the question was intentionally vague bc there isnt a measurable/accurate answer to it. I was referring to the energy density of the 93 octane fuel (no one on here can measure it, so dont even try to debate it) and whether or not money was being wasted on the engines inability to capitalize on the delta in energy density btwn 93 octane and 91 octane.

again your piss poor questions make you look like you need everything dumbed down for you, sorry i was just trying to bring it to you in a way that i would hope you could understand.

there is a station around here that has 93 on all of the buttons at the pump! weak sauce for sure. but i dont know how mad i would get at some attendant if pressing the 93 button actually pumped out the wrong gas!!!

again your piss poor questions make you look like you need everything dumbed down for you, sorry i was just trying to bring it to you in a way that i would hope you could understand.

most rhetorical questions are piss poor by nature, so i guess you are agreeing with me and apologizing. apology accepted little buddy go play with your big wheel and do some powerslides with stoppy

that's not such a bad idea, i do have a pair of tires that need to get finished off properly Tanner style before they get replaced.

#lifeinthefoustlane

that's not such a bad idea, i do have a pair of tires that need to get finished off properly style before they get replaced.

#lifeinthefoustlane

thats the smartest thing i have ever read from you. maybe theres hope...

I hope they didn't charge you for premium!

I hope they didn't charge you for premium!

That's the only way that I caught it. I noticed the regular price showed up and stopped pumping immediately and went inside to complain.

Members online

No members online now.
Back