RECOMMENDATION FOR REPLACEMENT DRIVER SEAT LEATHER

jberbrich

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. My mechanic put a big rip in the leather of my driver seat. What is the best source for ordering an OEM replacement leather? I can't seem to find it on any official Ford/Lincoln parts source. If unavailable, what is a good source for quality complete matching front seat leathers. Thanks.

I ordered the lower seat cover for one of the LSes from FordPartsGiant. I think it was about $600. Later, the other three front seat bottom covers needed to be replaced too and they were no longer available. I got a local Auto Upholstery place to custom make the covers for about $500 each (included installation). They didn't use real leather for that price, but it was good enough. I think they said the real stuff would have been about twice as much.

Wow that's pricey!. Were you happy with the results, Joe?

For that kinda' money I'd be looking for an entire parts car with good donor seats.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking...to find a car in decent condition at a junk yard and use those seats.

So far, every LS that I have seen in the junkyard had bad/damaged seat covers.
ebay does have some complete seats that look okay for around $300.

Yes, I am happy with the results. Of course, now I need the seat back covers too...

Yes, I am happy with the results. Of course, now I need the seat back covers too...
Yes, definitely many more misses than hits...HOWEVER, if he is in San Diego, the LKQ yards in Chula Vista have several LS's that appear to have seat covers that are in decent condition.

Do the seat backs separate from the bottoms? My driver seat back is sliced up a little from the those little jean buttons scrapping across while getting in. Wonder if a junk car seat back can be pulled entirely, or if it’s a cover only deal. If so, how hard are the back covers to pull off?

Yes, they are completely separate.
Here's how to get the seat bottom off, the back will be similar.
Changing your seats leather ~How To~

Forgot: The end of the thread does show removal of the seat back cover.
Thanks guys. I am in San Diego and will try to find some in the LKO yards. Thanks Joe for finding this original post for me that I lost track of.

Thanks guys. I am in San Diego and will try to find some in the LKO yards. Thanks Joe for finding this original post for me that I lost track of.

Hey Jim!!!!

A guy I worked with in Arrivals got the whole interior on his old 750i done for about $1K. I can ask if he remembers where he got it done. There's an upholster place I was going to try with my '06 back seat across from Pep Boys on Rock Springs road. I would suggest TJ under normal circumstances; but not now.

Always keep an eye open on EBAY for salvaged LS's. Contact the yard for more info.

Members online

Back