Received cobrastar stickers today

The problem I have with these is while they are different, the LS is not a cobra. Its like to ricer fad of making a civic a type r by slapping the badge on it, its faking the funk.

However it does look good....

The LS isnt a cobra but the mark isnt a cobra either it just has the engine. The ls also has a 32valve V8 which makes almost as much power while being smaller.

I think its allowed to wear the badge.

The cobrastar doesnt really exist anyways....not as an oem emblem.

I think of it as a performance lincoln emblem. The LS was the highest performing 4 door rwd V8 lincoln.

I agree, my thoughts exactly. I am REALLY starting to like them. I may try to get a hold of a couple of the large MKZ fender stars.

the mark isnt a cobra either it just has the engine.

the Mark VIII never came with a cobra motor. :eek:

The cobra got rid of the 5.0 and started using a Mark motor!:D

the 93 mark was the first ford to use the 4V 4.6, the conti followed in 95 and the cobra's switched in 96

just like how in 92 the vics and grand marquis's needed a new motor so they borrowed the new sohc 4.6 from the 91 town car and then gave it to the mustang in 96.

anybody want to take a guess a which pf the FoMoCo companies was the first to use the 4v 5.4? Hint: it wasn't the 2000 cobra R

I agree, the Mark had the 4.6L 32V engine BEFORE the Cobra. But all other 4.6L 32V were basicly de-tuned Cobra engines. If I am correct, even the Mustang GT had 3V 4.6L engines.

the Mark VIII never came with a cobra motor. :eek:

The cobra got rid of the 5.0 and started using a Mark motor!:D

the 93 mark was the first ford to use the 4V 4.6, the conti followed in 95 and the cobra's switched in 96

Yeah.....its just that everybody knows of it as the cobra engine. so many different 4.6L engines out there.

The 4.6L 4V engine is basicly a de-tuned cobra engine. Remember, Mustangs, even the GT if I am corect, had 3V per cyl.

Yup except for the terminators and now the new 5.0 engines are 32 valve again.

oh yea, they are definitely not tuned quite as powerful, but thats how you design the platform, get it developed and out, then take a little time to tweak it harder.

Yup except for the terminators and now the new 5.0 engines are 32 valve again.

if the ford execs had and balls left, they would try to keep up with the other car companies and try to create something like the 300SRT8, and a CTS-V. then our cars would have came with terminators, and the MKZ would have the Coyote (i would definitely buy that)

if the ford execs had and balls left, they would try to keep up with the other car companies and try to create something like the 300SRT8, and a CTS-V. then our cars would have came with terminators, and the MKZ would have the Coyote (i would definitely buy that)

But they dont.

They barely make any more cars with a V8 engine let alone a performance version. They took away the explorers 4.6L....they nixed the 4.6L in the expedition.

Theyre killing off the towncar....its all V6 ecoboost from now on.

But they dont.

its all V6 ecoboost from now on.

and thats why my next car will not be a ford...unless its a mustang or newer ls. I dont think I would want to drive anything other than a rear wheel v8... all these dam tree hugers are killiing our fun, cars are meant to be "fun to drive"

Still don't see why they had to stretch the image out to make it fit... I'd rather have a smaller image on the sticker than a stretched out ghetto one... No offense! It looks pretty good but anyone who knows what the actual image of the cobrastar looks like will just think it's cheap.

it would just look Ridiculous on an emblem shaped like ours, out emblem it way to tall compared to how wide it is. then everyone would really think it looked out of place, and seeing how you cant change the size of the emblem, you need to change the size of the image.

I received mine a couple of days ago. Haven't put them on yet (which is just adding to the growing list of parts I've received and haven't installed yet).

I have a metal cobrastar emblem on my trunk that will probably come off after I do install them. It would be logo overkill if I don't.

I'm on the fence with the emblems - seeing the pics posted from Conti on his 06 White LS (same as mine) it seems to look pretty good. I don't want to put them on and then not like it, which is why I'm on the fence atm.

If I decide to leave them off, I'll sell them here to anyone that wants them.

I agree, my thoughts exactly. I am REALLY starting to like them. I may try to get a hold of a couple of the large MKZ fender stars.

I was checking on the price for these emblems also. Of all the new Lincolns that have the fender Licoln stars, the MKZ are the smallest, at least on the 2011's and 12's. And they seem to be the flattest of all of them. They are kinda on the "Thick" side if you know what I mean but I still think they would look good on the LS. Prices below are from Max for the fender emblems.

Opt Part Number/Description Qty List Net

BA1Z 16720 A :EMBLEM 1 34.32 34.32

BA1Z 16720 B :EMBLEM 1 34.32 34.32

i was actually thinking about the fender stars from the MKZ, but i was going to put them on my strut covers

Heres them on mine, look pretty good!
IMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg

I would like to have a couple of cobrastars on my fenders. They are just too flashy for my late model new LS. Any suggetions for the '06 fenders. I will see if this is popurlar, for one thing, they are too flashy and large cobtsstar would really like the. I would LOVE have a diecasts on both fenrder.
does there anyone want to commeny?

I've got Cobrastars on my fenders, Conti. You can check out the Picture thread - I should have a few shots in there.

Is there no one else that bought these cool stickers? I was under the impression that there were alot of potential buyers from earlier threads. They REALLY look good and are centered on the decal. My camera was at a bad angle with at least one shot. What do you have to lose for $10? I have had people ask about the decal which includes explaining the my LS. Most young people are all ears when hearing about the car. There have been at least a couple that were "smitten" with the car.

I was hesitant as well at first, they are different. Every time I walked by the car I would look at the stickers. The more I walked by, the better they looked. People will still know it is a Lincoln by the rear emblem and my front Lincoln license plate. I installed the cobrastar metal emblem over my V8 engine emblem on the rear deck lid.

Where the heck can I get the metal cobra star badges like you have?

I was thinking of making an a clear emblem and just slapping the cobra sticker on the back of it, similar to how the oem emblem is. I still haven't received mine though.

JDMANS101-Those cobrastar stckers to good with your grille.

thanks, I think they look great on the car. Not sure why only a few of us got them. Just makes it more unique. I have people asking me all the time where I got them or if I have some special edition one, lol I have some fun with that question ;)

Members online

Back