RECALL , LINCOLN LS valve cover gaskets

LSChris

So far, so good, so what.
Reaction score
Does anyone know who we can get ahold of at FOMOCO to complain about this leaky valve cover gasket issue. I think there are enough LS' leaking to justify a recall. As I mentioned before mine is in the shop at this moment getting the problem fixed. I talked to the dealer today and insisted they do both sides, and check the COP's. I know it's to late for me, but if we can help somebody else it would be worth it. Is there anyone here with an LS who has not had this problem? My 2002 has 60k miles(thank God it came with a 2 year waranty).

I just bought my 01, and most of the 00-02's I test drove had a leak in the gasket. Don't know what to tell you. most of them also had rust spots on the trunk and a squeaky center console

Yeah big screen, big truck, big sig, all compensation for something small. :p haha JK

You wont get a recall on valve cover gaskets as they do not pose an immediate safety hazard to the operator of the vehicle or bystanders. If you allow the leak to go without repair until enough coils have failed that the engine will not run, then that could be a possibility. But honestly how many people do you know that will drive around with multiple dead cylinders for any length of time?

Yeah big screen, big truck, big sig, all
You wont get a recall on valve cover gaskets as they do not pose an immediate safety hazard to the operator of the vehicle or bystanders. If you allow the leak to go without repair until enough coils have failed that the engine will not run, then that could be a possibility. But honestly how many people do you know that will drive around with multiple dead cylinders for any length of time?

I also doubt there will be any type of safety recall but the petition I am working on along with a dealership in the area is in reference to them fixing the exact same parts on the '03 but no other model --> http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=34064 The '04+ models are mostly still under the factory warranty and do not seem to be as problematic.

Just my 2 cents :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back