rearend stuff

phreakness

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
A buddy of my traded me a server and some other stuff for a set of 17" cobra chrome rims and tires and a NIB cobra brake kit with rotors, calipars (F/R) etc. So I would like to put them on the Lincoln (97 LSC) I know the rims will fit except the bolt pattern I was also wanting to put in a new center section with 3.73 gears so does anyone have a list of parts I need to convert this over to a 31 cobra rearend. I plan to do a motor swap "soon" so It would be nice to be prepared for the HP.

So I was thinking a FRPP 31 spline pumpkin (part #????) some Raxels half shaft axels and the plate the wheels attach to (serious brainfart) anything I'm missing?!?!?
:feedback

:dj: The phreak

Damn thats a sick deal. You're gonna need his 99+ mustang hubs too for the brakes/wheels. Sorry I can't help you with the gears but I know someone else can. What kinda wheels did he give you, 03's ??

it was a sick server and I spent most of new years eve, day and day after setting him up.

I think he put on a wilwood / bremo setup on his so his still had his cobra hubs. So I'll add that to the list with the axels and center section.

17 x 9 5 stars "Cobra R" rims with about 2 hours use on them (I helped put them on I helped take them off.) He's got a baby on the way. I may sell them but I'm going to put them on the car first to see how she looks with new shoes. Also it a little motivation to change the rear end to cobra specs.

:feedback

:dj: The Phreak

17x9 is perfect with 245's on them, you could even go wider on the rear. Why would you want to sell them? The cobra 13" brake setup is gonna look crazzzy with those wheels.

seanklsc said:
17x9 is perfect with 245's on them, you could even go wider on the rear. Why would you want to sell them? The cobra 13" brake setup is gonna look crazzzy with those wheels.

Motor swap money! :wrench

I dont know I'll have to get them on and drive around and see how it looks. :feedback

All you need is the 28 spline.
You would never make enough power to use the 31 spline.
Just order the 2001 Cobra rear, its 28 spline and a direct replacement, if not your going to have custom ends done on your axels, PITA and $$.

ONEBADMK8 said:
All you need is the 28 spline.
You would never make enough power to use the 31 spline.
Just order the 2001 Cobra rear, its 28 spline and a direct replacement, if not your going to have custom ends done on your axels, PITA and $$.

wouldnt I just use cobra axels and ends?

Members online

Back