Rear Wing

LunaEros

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I got one of the factory made/dealer installed rear wings a couple months ago but unfortunately it didn't have the mounting hardware with it. I can see nut shaped depressions in the pedestal mounts for it but no nuts in it. I'm wondering how I should install it. Is there somewhere I can get a mounting kit for it that comes with the hardware and mounting pad/gasket or something like that? Could I use 3M's VHB extreme mounting tape since the mounting areas are so large?
Is there a video or web page that details the best way to install wings like this?

Also, my 02 is Midnight Grey Metallic. The wing is black. I have found some spray can paint that is really close to the color. Maybe 1 or 2 shades off. Should I paint it with that, leave it black or wait till I can get paint that matches the car exactly? The paint on the car is in pretty good shape but it does need a clay bar and touch up and compound buffing for scratches and scrapes in a few areas plus I still need to get the big dent fixed on the driver's rear quarter and a small crack and hole in the front bumper cover that needs fixing.

Looking for suggestions and advice. I know some aren't fans of the wing style and prefer the lip but I never really liked the lip style. Especially the ones I've seen for our cars.

Anyone?

Here's some pics with it just sitting roughly aligned on the trunk....
IMG_20200319_164349.jpg
IMG_20200319_164408.jpg
IMG_20200319_164436.jpg
IMG_20200319_164446.jpg

I would leave it as is for now. Then either get paint match done by an auto body place.. or repaint it with the trunk lid to blend it

Members online

No members online now.
Back