Rear window vents

JustALs

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My rear window vents stopped blowing air the second day I got my ls.
Is this a problem with the ducs or a fuse ?
And the rear center console vents are not blowing much and only on one side
Thx

What makes you think they ever "blew." They are just passive ventilation between the trunk and the cabin. There is no blower, and you should never really be able to feel any airflow in, and only a little out.

Yeah... the vents at the trunk just allow for circulation. The rear defrost grid is what keeps the back window clear.

As far as the vents in the rear of the center console... you will have to take the inside of the console apart to check and see if they became disconnected at the rear of the console... or somewhere before that.

I must of been super high when I got the car I tought it blew air from the rear vents lol.. Thanks alot for the info

Dont get me wrong... I think on certain heater settings (IIRC floor) you will get some flow across the back window and into the trunk.

But like Joe said... it's passive.

That also might be with the sun roof tipped up too, (I didn't really pay attention).

With the climate control in any mode other than recycle, all the air that it blows in, goes out via those window vent into the trunk, and from there out of the car via one-way vents at the back of the trunk behind the bumper cover. (This assumes all windows are closed.)

Members online

Back