Rear wheel camber eating up inside of tire

Lucky_Ls

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a beautiful new set of Bridgestone Potenza's because my last set of Potenza's were worn due to the way the rear camber is set up. I have a set of Eibach lowering springs all the way around. The tires lasted me about the time frame rated for that particular tire and I rotated them between every 5 to 10 thousand miles. The tech showed me the tire wear he suggested I look into getting a rear adjustment camber kit.
Is there such a thing available or am I doomed to buy tires around every 2 ½ to 3 years? :confused:

There is no camber adjustment in the back IIRC.

I have never had a set of tires last that long. I guess I drive aggressive.

Have you changed your shocks? you might have bad shocks or the last alignment you had wasn't good.

when my alignment guy at work did my alignment he took out the control arm bolts in the rear and elongated the holes in the tabs so he could adjust the camber. Got it dead on!!!!

+1

To get a bit more life out of the tires you could pop them off the rims and swap so the wear is on the outer edge (rather than the inner edge):shifty:. Either way probably worth getting the suspension looked at closer for the long term

To get a bit more life out of the tires you could pop them off the rims and swap so the wear is on the outer edge (rather than the inner edge):shifty:. Either way probably worth getting the suspension looked at closer for the long term

Potenza tires are directional as are most high performance tires.

Im sure he meant dismount the left and mount for the right, and vice versa

Im sure he meant dismount the left and mount for the right, and vice versa

Yes, this is a way one could rotate directional tires that have camber wear.

My first set of Potenzas were not directional, but with that sort of inside wear would it make a difference;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back