Rear View Mirror Transplant

Travis2000LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So. My windshield cracked when I first got the car due to the rear view mirror falling out. Well I just got my glass man to do a quick 5 minute glue job to it and its lasted almost a year until yesterday it fell out again.. Well about 6 months ago the dimming fluid started to bleed out.. Well I took a rear view mirror with auto dimming and compass from a 04 LS that was totaled .. only problem. my 2000 LS has a 3 pin connector and the 04 mirror was a 7 pin.. SO Heres what I did!!

Take the 3 pins out of the 3 pin connector. Remembering which ones are labeled in spots 1 2 3 . then in the 7 pin harness which I cut out of the 04 I took out all the 5 wires in the 7 pin connector and put the wires corresponding with the numbers 1 2 3 on the spots which is

1 Power (Red I think. Or mixed colored)
2 Ground (Black)
3 Reverse (White)

The Other 2 in the 04 are for a component in the 2nd gen which the 1st doesnt have.

And it being from a 04, the compass is around the foot of the mirror instead of being where the 02 mirrors was. Which I think are in the head liner.

So tada

04 mirror with Compass and Auto dim in a 2000 Sport that had just a plain old mirror with manual dim

Those extra wires were there to connect to the driver's side mirror to dim it at the same time as the rear view mirror.

Those extra wires were there to connect to the driver's side mirror to dim it at the same time as the rear view mirror.

Yep. Thanks Joegr for the wiring diagram a couple months back. All credit to you for wiring help!

Yep. Thanks Joegr for the wiring diagram a couple months back. All credit to you for wiring help!

Members online

No members online now.
Back