Rear Upper Jaguar Control Arms

brickr

LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the rear upper control arms on 00-02 Jaguar S-Type fit the LS? They look pretty similar to me best I can tell.

They should work. Most of the LS suspension components will even have the word jaguar cast into them.

Yup, same. If you get arms from a dealer they'll have Jag cast on them.
Generally the 98-02 S-Type suspension swaps with the LS and Thunderbird suspension, except:
front springs are different, so front shock spring pockets are different
front lower arms are sometimes different
shock rates are different, but mounting is the same
It's unclear to me if the S-type had a ""sport"", so I would be extra careful on stuff like sway bar sizes.

Yup, same. If you get arms from a dealer they'll have Jag cast on them.
Generally the 98-02 S-Type suspension swaps with the LS and Thunderbird suspension, except:
front springs are different, so front shock spring pockets are different
front lower arms are sometimes different
shock rates are different, but mounting is the same
It's unclear to me if the S-type had a ""sport"", so I would be extra careful on stuff like sway bar sizes.
This is not true for the 2nd generation LS, right?

They had a switch in lower suspension parts sometime in 2002. Something about switching from M14 to M16 bolts in the front lower? And a similar thing in the back?
Any info on that? (I'm sure I should just do a search...)

As for the uppers, it looks like Moog, Uro, SKP and BECK/ARNLEY all have the same part number for both cars; ACDELCO has different part numbers for Jags though. This generally tells me they're the same. I see that for some brands' models, there is an upper manufacturing time limit, so there might be some time differences there.

Last edited:
Moog and some others do make arms all around, but in this case I tend to trust OEM more than aftermarket.

Yes, the front lower balljoint changed from 14MM to 16MM during the '02 model year, which required a matching change in the lower arm. AFAIK, there were no changes to the rear throughout the entire run. The S-Type *did* have some changes after '02, but I'm not certain what they were. Some of the shock lower mounts changed, maybe other bits.

Members online

No members online now.
Back