Rear upper control arm/bushing

MobyDick

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

A shop wants $445 to replace the rear upper control arm and bushing -- $240.20 for parts and $172.80 for labor/ I'm pretty sure I can save money by ordering the parts myself, but I'm not sure how hard this job is to do.

Moog PN K8562 for the inner bushing in case you just need that rather then the whole arm but yours could be rusted as far as I know. Normally, it's the alignment guy who gives you the heads up since he uses that eccentric bolt/bushing to adjust the rear.

The removal is cake, do this yourself. You can try to remove the bushing yourself or just bring the arm to a good shop to have them remove the old bushing. Tell them that a press may be too much for the arm to deal with since it's not very stout. The housing/sleeve is pretty well stuck to the arm so they may need to "tap" on the bushing housing's non flange side with a hammer then use a punch to get it completely out rather then chance bending the arm on a press.

The bushing costs around $50-$60 and then add some $$ for the press out/in party. I just did one on my Cougar a couple weeks back.

-Scott

Members online

No members online now.
Back