Rear Swaybar bushings

heyjewel

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever replaced these and if so, why? Since the fronts are so troublesome and since I'm already most of the way to getting to the rear bushings I'm thinking of replacing them. But I'd still have to drop the sub frame and that sounds a little daunting to me. I woulld have to do that with a floor jack or two.

Yes, those bushings have been replaced and the reason for that is that some members have had them wear out and deteriorate. You do have to drop the subframe a bit IIRC.

Yes, those bushings have been replaced and the reason for that is that some members have had them wear out and deteriorate. You do have to drop the subframe a bit IIRC.
Thanks for comin back.

My 2001 has almost 200000 miles. I figure there must be some deterioration on those bushings. I can't recall any clunks back there like we hear when the front ones go bad. But it probably would be good to replace em. Gotta see if I can get em first. Also probably should replace whatever sub frame bushings I can get too while I'm there. Again sourcing may be difficult. Though I can see and touch the bushings and I could probably remove the one bolt holding each down, the bracket looks to be a clamshell type with not enough room above it to open all the way. So the subframe must come down. Ugh.

Members online

Back