Rear Stabilizer bar bushings

rgorke

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I put in some new bushings in my 2004 V8 Sport yesterday. Using two jacks, I lowered the rear sub-frame. The bushings were really stuck to bar. What helped was disconnecting the sway bar from the links. I could then maneuver the bar to get the bushings off.

So, getting the bushings back into the bracket was another huge chore until I figured out that they have to slide in from the top. IOWs, align the bushing as it would be above the bracket, then it will slide it. Make sure to loosely attach the plate and get the bolt started, then go to the other side and do the same thing.

I can fell a major difference with the rear end being much more solid, even with some worn control arms.

Finally, I got a new rear sway link because the moog I got from RA got stripped.

DON'T USE THE NUTS THAT ROCK AUTO PROVIDES WITH THEIR LINKS. THOSE ARE WHAT STRIPPED MY LINKS. GET NEW OR REUSE THE STOCK NUTS WITH LOCTITE.

Does the subframe HAVE to be lowered just to replace bushings?
It's possible to get a wrench on the rear bushing's clamshell, but it quite a reach up there. I had to stop, since mine were rusted solid. It's tight up there for sure. I thought I was going to be able to do the job without dropping the subframe, but I was working on a lift.

Does anyone know if there are urethane sway bar bushings for the LS?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are urethane sway bar bushings for the LS?
lincoln_ls_front_sway_bar_bushings | Front Sway Bar Bushings | Lincoln LS
888-406-2330 | 8am-6pm Mon-Fri
energy-logo.png

• 95171g_lg.jpg
Lincoln LS Front Sway Bar Bushings
Manufacturer: Energy Suspension
Part Number: lincoln_ls_front_sway_bar_bushings
Rating star_borderstar_borderstar_borderstar_borderstar_border
Sway Bar Size:(?)
Color: (?)
Black
Red
Exclusive for DST Customers: (?)
Free Lifetime Warranty Upgrade
Price: $0.01
check_box In Stock check_box Ships Immediately
add_shopping_cart Suggested Parts 1keyboard_arrow_down
lock Warranty Informationkeyboard_arrow_down
question_answer Ask us a Question
FitmentLincoln LS Front Sway Bar Bushings lincoln_ls_front_sway_bar_bushings fits these vehicles:
Details

At the Time of this writing (Early, 2009) - neither Energy Suspension or Moog list replacement sway bar bushings for the Lincoln LS.

A number of Lincon LS users have indicated they had a bar size of either

28.5mm, use the 9.5170

30mm, use the 9.5171

You will want to measure your sway bar to see if this holds true for you as well. We only post that information here as a reference for you guys in your search. Your best resource is the universal sway bar bushings page

Energy Suspension Sway Bar Bushings
Energy Suspension Hyperflex Sway Bar bushings are made of polyurethane, which is a much more durable material for suspension bushings than rubber. Polyurethane does not break down due to road grime, weather or oils the way the rubber can. Have the peace of mind knowing you have a long lasting part on your sway bar with Energy Suspension's sway bar bushings. Energy Suspension's polyurethane sway bar bushings provide a secure grip on the sway bar and do not warp over time. With this snug grip, your vehicle will see a performance boost similar to installing a larger sway bar.

energybushing.png

failedbushing.png

Faulty Rubber
A sway bar's function is to maintain the maximum amount of road contact during tires. The sway bar is held to the frame of the vehicle with a sway bar bushing. Original Equipment rubber can warp and/or crack, losing its grip on the bar. This causes your sway bar to lose its effectiveness. Just look at the old rubber sway bar bushing to the left. Imagine how good of a grip that thing could keep on a sway bar. Go with Polyurethane.

Be sure to use Formula 5
The sway bar bushing sees a lot of action, so make sure you grease it well with Energy Suspension's own Formula 5 Bushing Lubricant. Using plenty of grease is the best way to ensure a long lasting part without any squeaking. If you'd like some extra grease just in case, pick up an extra 3 pack or an 8 ounce tube.

formula5.gif

Fitment for lincoln_ls_front_sway_bar_bushings

Quick Links
Authorized Dealer
lazyload-218-163.jpg

Energy Suspension Trademarks
"Energy Suspension" and the Energy Suspension logo are trademarks of Energy Suspension. Used by permission.

EnergySuspensionParts.com is not affiliated with the Manufacturer Energy Suspension.
We're simply a dealer of their parts.

Contact Us
lock

chat

offline.png

location_on
6255 South US Highway 281
Stephenville, Texas 76401

phone
888-406-2330
254-434-4342

mail
Sales@EnergySuspensionParts.com

EnergySuspensionParts.com is Copyright ©2004-2020. All Rights Reserved.

95171g_lg.jpg

Members online

Back