Rear Squeeking

Villalta

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, Ive been looking for a while through numerous threads and they hardly ever have pics. So Maybe these will make it a little easier to diagnose, All of these pictures are of my passenger side rear suspension. To me it looks like I should just replace everything, but I dont want to. So do any of you guys see anything that jumps out at you as wrong or something that could be a culprit of the squeeking. It happens when I go over bumps or even just out of the driveway.

View attachment 60273 View attachment 60274

View attachment 60275 View attachment 60276

View attachment 60277 View attachment 60278

View attachment 60279 View attachment 60280

View attachment 60281 View attachment 60282

I see a few torn boots of the stabilizer links but nothing really like BAM! Angel has been having the same problem and is convinced it's a subframe busing..

I have a question though.. Don't you every wash that thing?!?

Don't you every wash that thing?!?

Underneath? No, and Ive only had the car for a short time now so any damage wasnt done on my watch. If your supposed to Ill definitely start.

Like an under-body flush at the automatic car washes.. I saw that and I was like damn son.. Mine doesn't even look like that and the town pours salt down because they're too lazy to plow

I've found squeaks by getting a can of wd40 and just spray one component at a time until the squeak stops and you've found the culprit. The bushings are the source of squeaks 9 out of 10. Good luck!

I've found squeaks by getting a can of wd40 and just spray one component at a time until the squeak stops and you've found the culprit. The bushings are the source of squeaks 9 out of 10. Good luck!

Thanks. Maybe to find them and replace it but ive heard that Wd40 is no good for lube

Thats a good idea thanks

I would start with the sway-bar end links (cheapest part to replace). I did mine last summer - check my progress thread on where/what to buy, and for how much.

I had some squeaking as well, and replacing those cured the problem.

I didn't mean to suggest that using the wd40 was a fix, just a diagnostic tool.

I didn't mean to suggest that using the wd40 was a fix, just a diagnostic tool.

Ya I knew what you meant. I went and got some penetrating lubricant and sprayed it on but it still creaks. So I'm thinking it's either the strut or strut mount. And come spring I'm probably going to put in eibachs when I get my rims so I'll replace what needs to be replaced then I guess.

I have the same sqeaking, it started about 2.5 years ago before I put the LS on the side burner for awhile. However, I have replaced my sway bar end links and while it didn't cure the problem it did seem to help. Now that I have her back up and running I am going to be replacing the sway bar bushings as I've heard that is also a very common culprit. Also, depending on mileage you could be in need of struts, which is also on my to do list.

I believe the LS has shocks and not struts.. Sway bar bushings will cause a clunk..

It could be the shock bushings.. I would hit that area with your stuff..

Yeah I know the LS has shocks but every time you look them up its under strut assembly so while technically incorrect, calling it a strut makes them easier to find while searching to buy new ones which was the logic behind my wording. ;) I will check those out as well mine is more of a high pitched squeak so it may not be the bushings after all. My car is dropped 1.75" so I'm sure that's not helping whatever the issue is.

Yeah I know the LS has shocks but every time you look them up its under strut assembly so while technically incorrect, calling it a strut makes them easier to find while searching to buy new ones which was the logic behind my wording. ;) I will check those out as well mine is more of a high pitched squeak so it may not be the bushings after all. My car is dropped 1.75" so I'm sure that's not helping whatever the issue is.

High pitch - mine too. im going to check the shock bushing later. your lowered? are they original shocks?

Yes its the original sport suspension all I've replaced suspension wise are the springs and the rear sway bar links. I really really really want to buy a set of euro shocks but I'm told they're no longer made so I may have to settle for some more sports.

There was a link posted not too long ago that showed they still had them in stock, now its just a matter of digging through lvc to find it.

I dont think they actually have them though

Ill give them a call if you know where the link is. I'm betting money that someone has back stock.

It was an eBay link but they were sports.. The guy that posted it thought you couldn't get the sports anymore..

Max has looked through all of the distributors and none have them

Damn!

That must be a Yankee car! My 01V6 from Atlanta looks like brand new underneath, not a spot of surface rust. Forgot what it was like to live in the North.

Members online

No members online now.
Back