Rear Speaker Swap

ZacUnknown69

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So, a friend of mine recently gave me a set of Sony Xplod speakers. I went into the back seat, opened the speaker cover, took out the speaker, cut the wires behind the clip, wrapped then around the new speaker +/- properly. And no sound? My car already has a Sony Xplod radio thingy (very technical), so what did I do wrong, and how can I fix it? Thanks, y'all.

The small, cylinder-like speakers work just fine. I tried just wrapping the wires around the positive and negative of the stock speaker, and still nothing. Great - what'd I **** up now?

did the stock speakers work before you removed them? Do the speakers your friend gave you work from another source. After market radio could be hooked up wrong, or bad amp.

did the stock speakers work before you removed them? Do the speakers your friend gave you work from another source. After market radio could be hooked up wrong, or bad amp.

The stock speakers worked just fine before I removed them. Which makes me wonder, is there an upgrade speaker I could pull from another car that'd fit the rear clip? The speakers he gave me had a small wood housing, wrapped in a carpet like thing. They have a +/- spring connection (the kind where you just shove bare wires into). I have no idea how the aftermarket radio is hooked up, guy before me waa rockin' a 15" sub before I bought it. And if ya' could, tell me - where's the factory amp located?

Side note; I'm not looking to make my car bump and rattle. I'm a musician, and find subs strictly for use of a beat to be excessive. I'm only looking for a more crisp, clearer, acoustic audio system. But for now - this is what I got. Hope you got the information you needed.

The stock spkrs worked so you have power. Sounds like your spkrs in a box might be bad. Stock amp is under the rear package tray

Members online

No members online now.
Back