Rear speaker grill noise fix

Lownslowlsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've always had various annoying noises in back due to the rear speaker grills. I tried fixing it once by putting strips on velcro (Soft side) in between the grill and mounting plate with foam weatherstripping between the panel and grill assembly..It didn't work.

Fast forward to today. Decided to utilize some thin tan fleece like material between the grill and mounting plate while cutting it oversized so that I could wrap it back around the grill flaps to help reduce the noise. I think wrapping it back around the grill covers mounting flaps made a huge difference as they do make contact with the side panel. I used a lighter around my cuts to clean up the frays.

It's a pretty firm fit now with little movement and A LOT quieter. Should've done this 8 years ago. Sigh.

DSCF9722_zpszuyoprud.gif

DSCF9723_zpsaz6py1cn.jpg

DSCF9724_zpsrpv2zstc.jpg

DSCF9727_zpsndqw3zpi.jpg

DSCF9730_zpsdjzcamxr.gif

DSCF9729_zpsgoz0z4wh.jpg

DSCF9735_zpsgmdllqfp.gif

DSCF9738_zpsa9ig1uqs.jpg

DSCF9733_zpsxep5kcgx.jpg

:)

I did the same thing but...Nice work!

For how many times I've taken them off and them back on I guess they just got a little worn out. That and the original cloth between the cover and base disintegrated the first time I took it apart many years ago. It turned out very good for an impromptu repair.

Very cool, and it looks very factory. Just out of curiosity, what kind of drivers are those in there? How do they sound, if you don't mind my asking? And on an unrelating note, this whole time I was not aware that gen 2's did not have ashtrays in the back seat. :eek:

Very cool, and it looks very factory. Just out of curiosity, what kind of drivers are those in there? How do they sound, if you don't mind my asking? And on an unrelating note, this whole time I was not aware that gen 2's did not have ashtrays in the back seat. :eek:

When picking speakers it was either 1 good pair for the front with a small 2 channel amp or find the best budget friendly components and stick them in both the front and rear. My ocd got the best of me and bought these

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...ence-cwm-6kit-6-5-comps-new-value-leader.html

I really wanted to fill the oem speaker holes, esp in the front due to their location being high up on the door panel facing the driver. Ran all new Wires for everything to my Pioneer 3200dvd, sounded good for what they were off deck power. I was happy with the mids and highs so I left them that way, besides I have a sub stage so that's all I really needed from them anyways. A friend of mine bought the same kind and amped them off 75rms, it blew me away. They're going on 5 years old and still kickin'. :)

Members online

Back