rear shocks

rowdyone

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am hoping that someone here could tell me the best way to access the top mounting hardware on the rear shock absorbers. :confused:

I am hoping that someone here could tell me the best way to access the top mounting hardware on the rear shock absorbers. :confused:

Someone else was just talking about this in another thread..pull back the carpet in your trunk and crawl inside. There are two nuts per side which are accessible from inside the trunk.

Take your spare tire cover off and jump in the trunk. Or put a piece of plywood over it so you don't smash it. The shock hardware is just under the carpet. You can just peel it back from either rear side a little to access the nuts.

It's all person dependent. You could remove the rear seats which isn't too hard except for the fact undoing the bolts for the back cushion takes 10 minutes(It's just time consuming) but you can easily sit and unbolt the mounts. For me it's just faster to lay inside the trunk and unbolt it which takes 10 minutes for both sides and i don't have to worry about removing and reinstalling the seats. Check which is better for you.

Maybe it's because I'm fun sized, but I would never go through pulling the rear seats apart when it's very easy to just lie down in the trunk. I just don't see how that would help me at all.

There is lots of room in the trunk, for a normal sized person. 6' 170Lbs for me. Took me under 10 minutes to drop my amp and put a child restraint anchor in. I haul my granddaughter once in a while.

Members online

No members online now.
Back