Rear shocks replacement

Lincoln Mark VIII

1. 91 LSC SE

91 LSC SE Dedicated LVC Member

Hi Everyone,

I just replaced the rear shocks with new Arnott units I picked up for $63 for the pair.

My question is - is the car supposed to be on the ground like the front struts to ensure no bushing binding?

I did have the rear of the car raised, but also did support the lower control arms, so there was no pressure on the shock. I could easily move it around with the bolt very loose, before tightening it spec.

Wondering if the car should have been at ride height before torqueing the bolts?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  2. 91 LSC SE

91 LSC SE Dedicated LVC Member

My CD manual says these are to be replaced on a drive on 4 post lift. Considering I did these with the car raised, do you think I should loosen them and re-torque to specs?

3. slowmkviii

slowmkviii Dedicated LVC Member

If you can yes

• Agree Agree x 1
    • NickPims

NickPims Active LVC Member

Every bolt or nut in suspension is tighten "car on the ground" except for ball studs like steering tie rod ends, stabilizer bar links, etc.

• Like Like x 1