Rear Radius Rods Revisited---input requested.

cammerfe

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Although I bought the materials last fall, I'm just now about to actually do the job of fabricating and assembling them. And my present set-up has me doing the work on the car while it's setting in the parking lot at my apartment. Considering this awkwardness, I need to pre-plan so as to be able to do the job smoothly. And it has to end with an operable car by the end of the weekend. With that understood:

My impression of the function of the factory rods is that they collapse slightly in the middle to provide the 'rear-steer' activity. If such is actually true, what'll need to be done is to assemble the new pieces to the length of the UN-COLLAPSED rods I remove. This should result in rear 'toe' that's close enough to make the car operable for the time necessary for my schedule to coincide with the appointment I'll need to make for the alignment---even if this takes several days.

Your input on this plan is avidly sought. And thanks in advance!!!

KS

I believe that would be true. The bushing only "collapses" under a load. There is no flex when travelling straight....

Members online

No members online now.
Back