Rear headliner loose around brake light?

Jim Henderson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 LS. I am wondering if this is normal or not...

The head liner is loose around the rear high mount brake light. The light itself appears to be glued to the rear glass, but the head liner does not appear to have any glue or fasteners around the brake light. It doesn't hang or anything but it does move.

When I drive with the windows open the liner will bounce up and down around the light. I can also move it with my hand maybe 1 inch total without putting stress on it.

If this is not normal, how would I repair it? Screws, glue, foam seal?

I prefer to repair little things rather than going in to the dealer even under warranty.

Thanks,

Jim Henderson

are you talking about just the cloth on the headliner or the cloth with the cardboard (or whatever it is) because my 03 came like that all I did was put a little piece of 2 sided tape in between and it worked like a charm (glue scare the hell out of me)

stateproperty3423 said:
are you talking about just the cloth on the headliner or the cloth with the cardboard (or whatever it is) because my 03 came like that all I did was put a little piece of 2 sided tape in between and it worked like a charm (glue scare the hell out of me)

You could always cut out a peice of cardboard that matches your headliner (believe it or not it works, thick cardboard however) and then wrap that in the fabric and put it in there, if your condition gets worse

I have the same thing on mine (04 LS V8), and I asked the dealer about it after seeing it bounce around in the rearview mirror when I had my windows down...
The dealer and I looked through all the other cars (LS's) on their lot and they were all the same. Looks bad when you're driving but seems to be the way it was made.
Let me know if you try the sticky tape thing and it works, I have stopped worrying about it after looking at the new ones, but it still kinda bothers me too...
Z

That is pretty common. Lincoln tried fixing mine 3 or 4 times before it stayed. Usually took about 15 minutes for them to work on it. Or just do it yourself like listed above. Easy fix.

Mine is stiffened with some kind of cardboardy stuff inside the fabric.

From the sounds of it, this looseness is normal, so either I get used to it or in goes the double sticky.

Thanks,

Jim Henderson

Jim Henderson said:
Mine is stiffened with some kind of cardboardy stuff inside the fabric.

From the sounds of it, this looseness is normal, so either I get used to it or in goes the double sticky.

Thanks,

Jim Henderson
ill put money on it that youll be very pleased with the sticky im telling you jim you have my word

Members online

No members online now.
Back