Rear diff mount

Northpole

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been searching for a new and stronger rear diff mount (upper) for my Mark VIII 1995, can anyone help me find one? Is the polythene the way to go?
( if this is not the forum for this, pls advice...)

Yeah I saw them.... It isn't rocket science to figure out.. Locate your mounting points and fill in the rest... Toss in one Grade 8 bolt and what looks to be a "Fox" rear control arm bushing... (or better yet, lathe one out of delrin)

You should see the pile of shavings I made over the weekend making aluminum bushings for the IRS subframe going in the SVO... Got the fronts done, now working on the rear ones..

Probably the only SVO I've heard of to get a cobra IRS... love it!

I still keep forgetting to drop that clip in the mail to ya. Promise to have it out by the end of the week. Been having a rough week!

I was even up in Fairborn over the weekend getting a tubular aje k member for my fox, but was already an hour into the drive when I realized I coulda just dropped it off to you while I was up there

Oh, and it isn't the first SVO to get a Cobra IRS... There's another with the head swap and IRS...

As far as the mount... I have an idea for something better... To the bat cave!

I still am looking for the mont (rear diff mount ),

Anyone know where I can buy one for reasonable price? :confused:

The rear mount will greatly affect the driveshaft angle and any resulting vibrations, not quite as simple as copying the pic...

It isn't that hard to make something either if you have the cover and mount on hand to work from. I've built fixtures that are on medium/heavy duty truck assembly lines, I think I can manage building a better mount/brace.

It isn't that hard to make something either if you have the cover and mount on hand to work from. I've built fixtures that are on medium/heavy duty truck assembly lines, I think I can manage building a better mount/brace.

Well if I lived in your country, I would gladly send my diff mont to you, but as said, I am in Iceland. But you gave me a good idea, what material do you use for making a "new" mont?

Well if I lived in your country, I would gladly send my diff mont to you, but as said, I am in Iceland. But you gave me a good idea, what material do you use for making a "new" mont?

Making a new mount for a 14 second car is not really needed.

Making a new mount for a 14 second car is not really needed. I would be more worried about the alum cover cracking and make a back brace instead.

True, I dont need a stronger one, just another - where can I find one for a reasonable price? I am not ready for a 300$ one....
If I cant buy one, I would like to try to fix the one I have, but with what material? I was even thinking of gluing it?

SCCOA or TCCOA classifieds may help... It's the same mount in a MN12 Bird.

Members online

Back