Rear Calipers

rwurst918

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I changed my rear calipers on my ls three days ago. I guess I am an idiot and didnt need to because I did not turn and push the calipers ( Is used a c-clamp to try to get them lose and it did not work). I have two free calipers. They are used and I do not know if they do work or not. They worked when i had them on three days ago. I replaced the calipers because I could not fit the brake pads in them. PM me if anyone wants them.

you cant use a c clamp for your rear calipers you have to use a rear caliper tool, the c clamp wont move it because the rear's cannot be pushed back they need to be turned counter clockwise and then you can move the piston back.

or needle nose pliers....:shifty:

i guess if you got nothing better to do than take all day to do a brake job ;)

MTV = My Time is Valuable, i'd rather just pay the $20 bucks for the brake tool kit and just pop them in in just a minute or two

you cant use a c clamp for your rear calipers you have to use a rear caliper tool, the c clamp wont move it because the rear's cannot be pushed back they need to be turned counter clockwise and then you can move the piston back.

I think the OP is aware of that now. Hence the line
I changed my rear calipers on my ls three days ago. I guess I am an idiot and didnt need to because I did not turn and push the calipers
While changing the pads he could not get the calipers to retract so he replaced them too. His OEM's are available if anyone needs rear calipers.

huh

BTW. I do not need them for anything so they are free. I live in the Toledo area.

i guess if you got nothing better to do than take all day to do a brake job ;)

MTV = My Time is Valuable, i'd rather just pay the $20 bucks for the brake tool kit and just pop them in in just a minute or two

well actually it was night since i got off early from work so i started at like 8 lol, but i didn't know i had to do that for the rear calipers(neither has any one in my family, go figure....) so we tried compressing them but it didn't seem right, so i came on here and found out the screwed back into place, so i actually couldn't go to a store to buy the since it was like 10 by the time we where done with my dad's brakes

hey

How much to ship to area code 84115?

13.95 flat rate shipping through usps. thats the cheapest i could find. i just ordered free boxes from usps. they said they will take up 2 weeks to get in. the box size will be 12x12x5. as soon as the boxes get in i can ship them out.

i have paypal if you are worried about sending money to me.

Last edited:
hey

well actually it was night since i got off early from work so i started at like 8 lol, but i didn't know i had to do that for the rear calipers(neither has any one in my family, go figure....) so we tried compressing them but it didn't seem right, so i came on here and found out the screwed back into place, so i actually couldn't go to a store to buy the since it was like 10 by the time we where done with my dad's brakes

I played hell trying to figure mine out. I seriously thought they were seized up. eventually i gave up and bought the new calipers for 135 shipped from carstuff.com. no core charge and all hardware came with them. I found out they sent me the mounting bracket with it too. there had to be a mistake. it is impossible to get these calipers for that price. took me twenty minutes each side and then i bled them. they work perfect.

Members online

No members online now.
Back