Rear Bumper Removal

Venom-Linc

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What's up guys. New member here. Great site. I'm trying to install a rear bumper. I thought it would be a simple task, which it has been for the most part. I've got the driver's side done and I see all the bolts in the rear, but I can't find a bolt on the passenger side. It's the second one closest to the tire. I can't figure out how to access it, in fact I don't even see it or feel it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Venom-Linc said:
Thanks for the help. I'm still confused though. What is it that I'm looking at in #7. Is that the side or the back where the trunk latch is.
Your looking at the back part of the trunk. Basically, you are looking from inside the trunk towards the back of the car.

BTW, Welcome!

GrayGhost1 said:
Your looking at the back part of the trunk. Basically, you are looking from inside the trunk towards the back of the car.

BTW, Welcome!

Thanks. So when I'm removing the nuts from inside the trunk, I'm not supposed to remove any bolts from the sides? Just the bolts in the rear?

IIRC, there are two bolts on the left side inside of the trunk and one on the right.

GrayGhost1 said:
IIRC, there are two bolts on the left side inside of the trunk and one on the right.

O.K. on my left and right hand side there are two bolts in front of but not part of the tail light assembly. These bolts are in a vertical line. On my left hand side (driver) there is one more bolt next to something that looks sort of like a black vent. On my right hand side (passenger) there is no bolt next to the black vent. I can't find anything other than the two next to tail light. There is an amp (I think) with a steel plate in front of it that can't be removed. :Bang

Venom-Linc said:
O.K. on my left and right hand side there are two bolts in front of but not part of the tail light assembly. These bolts are in a vertical line. On my left hand side (driver) there is one more bolt next to something that looks sort of like a black vent. On my right hand side (passenger) there is no bolt next to the black vent. I can't find anything other than the two next to tail light. There is an amp (I think) with a steel plate in front of it that can't be removed. :Bang
I would just start removing bolts and you'll eventually find the right one when the bumper falls off...........just kidding. I don't know if this is the right way for I have never removed my bumper on this car yet, however, you can figure out which bolts need to be removed by simply locating them and then figuring that the only thing they are holding on is either the tail light or the bumper. Look through the directions one more time and you should be fine. Good luck and welcome to LVC.

Members online

No members online now.
Back