Rear Bag Suggestions

klutch

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine had recently bought a 1990 Lincoln Town Car only to have the bags go out a few weeks later. Since he is not very mechanical I told him I would do, it doesn’t seem too hard anyway. But I have been looking around and not sure which place to buy new bags from? I have lowered it down to Arnott or Strutmasters can anyone tell me there experiences from either of these manufacturers? Also I noticed Arnott carries a heavy duty Limo Bag would that make any real difference on a regular Town Car?

Hey klutch, if you would like to see what kind of experiences our customers have with Strutmasters, just check out our vendor forum. I update the testimonials daily. If you have any questions please ask, I will do what I can to help you out.

Also, to answer your question about the heavy duty bag, technically you could use it, but it will change your ride height in the rear significantly. It would also not be covered under warranty from Arnott due to miss application.

Thanks,
Strutmasters Team

Thanks I never even noticed tha vendor forum, Reading the testimonials I see you only post for the conversion kits? do people not usally just put in new bags? I am looking to just swap the old bags for new ones (keeping the air ride) think you could post some reviews of that :biggrin: Thanks for the info

Sorry for the late response. To answer your question, honestly, we do not recieve the same type of enthusiasm for the air bags that we do with the conversion kits. I have looked in my testimonial file and I can't find one reffering to towncar air bags. I can however, tell you that we do offer the towncar air bags with a lifetime warranty, and I have yet to do a "faulty part" warranty for one. We are offering a special to ALL members of this forum, 2 air bags, compressor, dryer, and 2 solenoids for just $299 delivered. That is a whole new air suspension for your towncar. IF yo have any further questions please let me know. Again, sorry for the late responce and if I can be of further assistance post back.

Thanks,
Strutmasters Team

Hi Strutmasters

Strutmasters said:
Also, to answer your question about the heavy duty bag, technically you could use it, but it will change your ride height in the rear significantly. It would also not be covered under warranty from Arnott due to miss application.

Thanks,
Strutmasters Team

How would using a heavy duty air spring (air bags blow up in your face when you crash) alter the ride hieght? surely when enough air is in the air spring to bring the car to ride hieght the height sensor will tell the control module and the compressor will be switch off, regardless of the type of air spring fitted.

Strutmasters said:
We are offering a special to ALL members of this forum, 2 air bags, compressor, dryer, and 2 solenoids for just $299 delivered.

Thanks,
Strutmasters Team

That seems like a pretty good deal, would you consider shipping to the UK (at extra cost obviously) if I ever need some air ride spares.

Regards

Dereck

Derek, yes we do ship to the UK, and yes there is some extra fees. To answer your question about the limo Air SPRINGS :), the actual height of the spring itself is larger. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Strutmasters Team

On the hpp or firmer air bags they simply ride firmer not higher. I think that may be what they were getting at with the heavy duty is them just being a stronger firmer bag.

For what its worth, in my opinion, the Strutmaster air spring does seem to be a good part and for the money, I would recommend them. I "WOULD NOT" recommend getting a heavy duty or "Limo" air spring unless I had a Limo. Due to the different or thicker material, you would definately not get the same ride as you would with a normal application air spring and from what I've learned about air springs over the years, lifespan would also be affected. You would think that a heavier duty part would last longer, but I think another remanufacturer proved before that just because an air spring is thicker, it doesn't make it last longer.

If you do decide to stay with the air suspension, you can use this to help you do the job: http://www.americanairsuspension.com/HOW TO CHANGE AIR SPRINGS ON A TOWN CAR.htm

Not to take away from Strutmaster, but I ordered my bags with new solenoids, o-rings, and two new bags from Arnott's Price included shipping $220.00 I have had them on for about a year now and have had no problems with them...

Strutmaster's sale of $299 is a good deal in my book, and shouldbe seriously considered... You might want to ask if there is a warranty and what it covers...

92 Arizona Towncar said:
Not to take away from Strutmaster, but I ordered my bags with new solenoids, o-rings, and two new bags from Arnott's Price included shipping $220.00 I have had them on for about a year now and have had no problems with them...

Strutmaster's sale of $299 is a good deal in my book, and shouldbe seriously considered... You might want to ask if there is a warranty and what it covers...

I don't think the price you quoted from Arnott includes Dryer and Compressor though? Does It?

Our towncar special comes with a lifetime warranty on the rear air bags, a 1 year warranty on the compressor and dryer, and a lifetime warranty on the solenoids. IF I can answer any further questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Strutmasters Team

I've got an 88 TC, and I want to put 4 wheel air ride on it like my 90 Conti has.Do you have any kind of package that would cover that. My TC doesn't have air anything so I'd need the whole works.Right now the best I found was about $1,500, but it's a controllable kit for hot rods and lowriders.I'm not against that, but that's alot of money.

The only way we would do something like that is if the car was here at our shop. We do not carry anything like that in stock. As I said, we have done a few coil to air conversions on different types of vehicles, but we had the car here at our shop for a couple of days to figure out the best application. There is a company out there that specializes in these types of mods, but I don't know if the price will be any better than what you are currently looking at. If you haven't allready checked with them, call air ride technologies. They specialize in air suspension modification kits for cars that come equiped with standard suspension. I'm pretty sure they could help, but again I don't know what kind of pricing they offer. If you have any further questions, please let me know and I will do my best to point you in the right direction.

Thanks,
Strutmasters Team

I had a positive experience with arnott. they got here next day.

found someone to put em on for 50 bucks total.

Members online

No members online now.
Back