Rear Axle Spindle Nuts

rugger33

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to take mine off (for a bearing job). Typical counter-clockwise removal (or are these reversed (as are some other vehicles))? They are already torqued so high I want to make sure I go the right way.

Hope that question makes sense; just got back to house from having wisdom teeth removed and a little loopy.

Thanks...

Should be counter-clockwise to remove. (I don't know this as absolute fact. I haven't ever removed them.)

they drugs they give you for that mess you up so bad, I remember trying to drink some water when I got home and I just spilled it everywhere

Getting ready to take mine off (for a bearing job). Typical counter-clockwise removal (or are these reversed (as are some other vehicles))? They are already torqued so high I want to make sure I go the right way.

Hope that question makes sense; just got back to house from having wisdom teeth removed and a little loopy.

Thanks...

wow. i was passed out for hours. and was loopy for quite awhile. definitely couldn't use a computer.

CCW. You'll need air tools like I previously mentioned. I brought mine to a shop who loosened it and then tightened it up slightly so I could drive home safely. Then I used a cheapo electric impact to take it out.

They are standard counter clockwise to loosen. I used a breaker bar with a cheater pipe to remove mine. I didnt need an impact wrench but it would definately be easier.

Thanks for the advice and the commiseration. Have had difficulty feeling my lower jaw all day as well and as evidenced by my shirt (see attached). Lots of spills today... Lots of ice cream though!

shirt.jpg

Members online

Back