Really, this is Mark VIII related.

Rushsampson

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So as of yesterday, my '96 is going into semi-retirement. When in comes out of storage in late April, it will have the benefit of sharing mileage with a recently acquired Ford cousin. Since having started my new gig at the aluminum fabrication plant earlier this year, the money has mercifully flowed a bit more freely, and I made the jump on an extremely well appointed 2011 Ford Fusion SEL yesterday. It's not the weak 2.5L one either, this one has the 3.0L V6, heated leather, Sync, auto dimming mirrors, the list goes on. To be frank, all stuff I've gotten used to now, and don't want to do without. I'm super stoked, I've never owned any car built in this millennia, never mind something with six gears, and to honest, it drives about as well as front wheel drive can get, I think. The Lincoln is still admittedly more fun to drive to me, which is a good thing, but is a close second. Ford has really come a long way, and the cars that they're building now are truly no joke. It seems extremely solid and well built, much like the Mark VIII, surprisingly. The suspension design is actually frighteningly similar, especially in the rear, but I suppose that's a Ford thing. But anyway, I digress, I just felt compelled for some reason to share something as awesome as continuing a tradition. I am a Ford man, and always will be, and it's because of cars like these that I am. Hope all is well with all you fine folk! : D

Congratulation all around with your new employ and your new car. We sense you're grinning from ear to ear with your new dilema. I also bought a new car not because my Mark under performs but I still love driving the Mark once in a while. Technology in cars today is so much better and boast more efficiency than that found in cars 18 years ago.

Members online

No members online now.
Back