really quick question

ZWilson07

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
well i havent been on here in awhile but I just had a quick question. i finally got my valve cover gaskets fixed and new plugs all the way around and really wasnt to bad of a job, just took alittle time and patience. but anyways i was checking my rotors today and is it right that the lug torque on them is 100 ft pounds. I used my torque wrnech and pretty sure their at atleast 100 pounds but it seemed like it was alittle too easy to get to 100. or atleast its not as tight as what they were when I got my leaking tire fixed at big o. do they just take their impact guns and do it til its really tight or do they actually hand check every single one. maybe its just me but I kinda thought 100 ft pounds would be harder to get to than it was and didnt think it would be alot easier to get off then from the work big o did.

Yes they do, No they shouldn't, And yes 100 is easy but times a 100x5 and thats what is holding the wheel on.

ooh ok well thats good then. i was just like man that 100 doesnt feel like its on there very tight but i guess that makes sense. Over on the f150 site theirs been guys that had their rims literally break or come off from over or under tightening so I gotta leave for work real soon so I was just making sure. I guess ill find out tonite if it comes off or not lol.

Take the torque wrench with you and retighten after you drive it a little the impact tightened wheel doesn't need it because it is super tight already. And f-150's changed their torque spec like 3-4 times before deciding it needed to be uber tight.

Members online

No members online now.
Back