really bad sputter only on first start up

qtuic

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have been searching this site for the last few days found some pretty good info just bought a 2004 lincoln ls 3.0 hopefully I can get some help. On first start up there's a bad sputter some time cuts off but if I start driving it clears up n 5 to 10 min so I replaced spark plugs and pcv 2 plugs closest to pcv were covered in oil prob is still there any help would greatly appreciated thanks in advance. Also heat does not work at all tried system test and got codes 27 96 & 24 26 figured ill try replacing thermostat but did not work

You need to replace the valve cover gaskets (oil in plug wells).
Replace all the COPs (ignition coils), and probably need to replace all the new plugs again (bad COPs damage plugs).
Replace some of the intake gaskets. See this very recent thread: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?95227-Almost-There!

Now, you need to replace the plastic cooling system parts, which for the V6 is mostly the degas bottle. Then you need to correctly bleed the cooling system, by the factory procedure.

You also may have a problem with your sunload sensor (module with PATS light and autolamp sensor).

You also may have a problem with your sunload sensor (module with PATS light and autolamp sensor).

Not trying to be an ass, just trying to learn...What makes you think this?

Thanks for the fast response was thinkng that but was hoping I was wrong lol hope the cats are still good

that was done already got I got it from took it to ford and the replaced and flush system. Was thinkin about changing heater control valve but dont wanna money if wont fix is there a way to check it

Members online

No members online now.
Back