Re-routing Fuel Line

If you're just trying to avoid disconnecting the fuel line for valve cover removal, I would guess you don't have the tool to do it. If that's the case, just buy the tool set. They work on fuel, trans, AC, and coolant lines on many different cars.

Other than that,I can't think of any reason worth the trouble of rerouting, but if you have one, I'd like to hear it

If you're just trying to avoid disconnecting the fuel line for valve cover removal, I would guess you don't have the tool to do it. If that's the case, just buy the tool set. They work on fuel, trans, AC, and coolant lines on many different cars.

Other than that,I can't think of any reason worth the trouble of rerouting, but if you have one, I'd like to hear it

This is purely cosmetic.

The EVAP purge valve and fuel supply line crud up the driver side of the engine. I am moving the purge valve behind the headlight and want to route the fuel line back to the firewall and down.

I was hoping to save some time with the help of someone on the forum who had already done this.

I've done a bit of re-routing due to having installed a fuel-pressure gauge and a tap to enable a take-off for gasoline to go with my spray system as first configured. I've since gone to a dedicated auxiliary set-up and run methanol with the spray. With all of this I use Teflon-lined stainless braid. Some of the runs required making, by brazing, fittings to tie into the factory lines.

KS

I've done a bit of re-routing due to having installed a fuel-pressure gauge and a tap to enable a take-off for gasoline to go with my spray system as first configured. I've since gone to a dedicated auxiliary set-up and run methanol with the spray. With all of this I use Teflon-lined stainless braid. Some of the runs required making, by brazing, fittings to tie into the factory lines.

KS

Did you substitute the OEM spring-clip to hose barb fuel rail connector with a spring-clip to AN fitting adapter?

Dorman Fuel Connector.jpg

Fuel Connector Adaptor.jpg

I don't believe the pictured fitting was available at the time I did my job. I brazed together parts of the two fittings necessary to make what you're showing.

KS

No pics but I now have everything connected to the cross-over tube between the fuel rails.. Used a piece of factory-type hose and a 'T' with hose-barbs on the arms and an AN in the middle.

Members online

No members online now.
Back