Re&Re - OEM Degas Bottle - GEN 1 V8

ordering them off ebay is by far the cheapest way to get a lot, going to the dealer will get you the exact part at a very high cost.

alternatively, you can go to most hardware stores/Lowes/Home Depot and find some either the same or pretty damn close

Well guys I got to old degas bottle out it was very difficult but I got it out the cracks look small and superficial but I guess they were big enough to cause my car to overheat so now im Just waiting for the new one to come in the mail and hopefully everything works out fine I don't know how I will get this thing back in ugh

once it heats up and expands, small cracks become slightly bigger cracks. the crack doesn't need to be very big at all before it starts letting air in or out.

What do you call those clips so I can look them up on ebay

Ford plastic retainer clips

Boat load of different one available .... up to you to find the correct ones.

clips.jpg

clips.jpg

Just in case any body cared I am finish replacing the degas bottle I bled it until it had a steady stream and everything seems ok so far haven't test drove it yet

drove 16 miles seemed alright I noticed I could hear the fan was on though

If my degas bottle is cracked will that cause leaking behind the left front tire? I replaced the thermostat and water pump which was really easy but after slow in town driving when i shut it off i get alot of gurgling and steam leakage form that area. 2000 LS. Thanks

If my degas bottle is cracked will that cause leaking behind the left front tire? I replaced the thermostat and water pump which was really easy but after slow in town driving when i shut it off i get alot of gurgling and steam leakage form that area. 2000 LS. Thanks
Yes indeed your degas bottle is cracked and your car was over heating that's why it made those sounds

If you haven't replaced your degas bottle, then it is cracked and is part or all of your problem. Use only the Motorcraft bottle and cap. The Dorman or other brand will not last long at all.
You should also check the operation of you hydraulic engine cooling fan. If it is not very loud and moving a lot of air when the engine is hot, it is a big problem. It should change speed. (slow with engine cold and AC off, fast with engine hot and/or AC on)

Members online

No members online now.
Back