ray or some one w/ his kit

lincolnboy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i know ray said that takingthe consol apart for a 96 sis different from the 93 instruction. true or false.....if f. waht are the step so i can speed thou this taking the console apart...... i took the shifter cover off but that as far as i got. ray sorry but i did not need the switch you send i got one from work and a switch guard and labled the switch guard...."GOT BAGS?" hope to install switch tonit :feedback

The '96 dash has a 1 piece cover, where as the '93 has 2, around radio and climate control.

Once you remove the shifter cover, there will be (2) 9/32's bolts securing the dash piece... remove them and pry off the rest of the cover. Just be careful doing so. Any further questions, just post. There are several others here, besides myslef, who have installed it so far.

Good luck !! You'll have a very happy face later when you see that baby slammed.

One more thing, while you tap into the wires in the SCM, make sure all wires are connected tight into the T-taps. Once I was done, I tried to lower it and the front would'nt lower on either side; but the rear was slammed. It was because a wire from one of the t-taps was not in all the way, and wasn't crimped... Other than that you should be fine. You'll be very happy with the outcome and you'll almost be sitting on the groud. ;)

dam that sux doing all that work to get to take stuff off. since my print out of the instructions werent that clear i did not have a chance to connect any wires, ray ill give you a call tonit to explain the wires wire up

Markviiiedrea said:
i did just put it in but mine is a 94

thanks for the help any ways markviiiedrea
:Beer

ray those tap must have fallen out or i did not pay att. to them but the dam kids got ahold of them and when i went to get some a autozone(which they dont even :q:q:q:qing have) my girl tells me she saw them in the kids room so i get home and find 6 of the i need so tomorow to do list by two and install

Whew.....now I feel better....knowing that I did not forget to ship them to ya. Sorry you did not get to finish today, but you should be able to tomorrow.....if you run into any problems, give me another call.....good luck mang!

lincolnboy said:
thanks for the help any ways markviiiedrea
:Beer

ray those tap must have fallen out or i did not pay att. to them but the dam kids got ahold of them and when i went to get some a autozone(which they dont even :q:q:q:qing have) my girl tells me she saw them in the kids room so i get home and find 6 of the i need so tomorow to do list by two and install
Lincolnboy,

I've seen you post here and on other sites as well. Maybe you could do me a favor and tell me a little about yourself so I can get a better feel where you are coming from. No offense. I'm just interested to hear what your story is. Thanks.

MonsterMark said:
Lincolnboy,

I've seen you post here and on other sites as well. Maybe you could do me a favor and tell me a little about yourself so I can get a better feel where you are coming from. No offense. I'm just interested to hear what your story is. Thanks.

during lunch went out to see how to take out the control module and ? is do you disconnect the white and black connector and if so HOW DO i disconnect it from the back i cant get my finger back their...... i hate those plastic rivets...... :Bang

im 24 ummmm have a 96 mk ........what else you wanna know :tmi:

I didn't have a problem with this... Just be careful, take your time, be patient, and it will come loose. LOL ,I don't really have a better way to explain it. Just grab the gray connector and gently pull towards you, it should come off with a couple tries. Then it should snap back in after you are done.

I may not have understood what you were talking about... lol :slam

StraDog said:
I didn't have a problem with this... Just be careful, take your time, be patient, and it will come loose. LOL ,I don't really have a better way to explain it. Just grab the gray connector and gently pull towards you, it should come off with a couple tries. Then it should snap back in after you are done.

I may not have understood what you were talking about... lol :slam

You know the control mod. for the 14,15 eect pins see i dont like pull on stuff if its the first time im messing w/ it cuase i tend to break thing ... but if you say pull ill pull

Hahaha, how bout" gently apply force"...

Yea, 14,15 are located in the gray connector.

Ask Ray for the schematics if you do not have them. Also do you know the colors of the wires, that helps a ton . LOL :Beer

14 = Light green w/ orange stripe
15 = Orange w/ red stripe
16 = Purple w/ light green stripe
17 = Light blue w/ Black stripe
30 = Pink

That should help ya a ton.

StraDog said:
14 = Light green w/ orange stripe
15 = Orange w/ red stripe
16 = Purple w/ light green stripe
17 = Light blue w/ Black stripe
30 = Pink

That should help ya a ton.

This should be on the isntrustion i might if i can get to them not take the mudule out

ray, i hope to get some pics up this week end, i just have been really busy with school . i going to do a full detail this week end and get some sweet shots of my car on the beach for a sun rise , again thaks for the help last week i must have un pluged like 20 harnesses befor i got to the right one, thanx again.

now does this go for the 96 tooin now you have a 95 but is it the same color in the 96 too

I have heard that the colors were different, but only heard of it once. Here is the diagram I was referring to the other nite when we talked Fransico......this will help in finding the correct wires....just make sure to orient the connector as it is in the pic so you can find the correct wires.

airsuspension.jpg

1wykdmk8 said:
I have just make sure to orient the connector as it is in the pic so you can find the correct wires.

i remembered that part, ray why dont you make your own instr. the first wire i cut i cut it in half and had to solder the dam thing burned my ficking finger.......

Last edited:
lincolnboy said:
i remembered that part, ray why dont you make your own instr. the first wire i cut i cut it in half and had to solder the dam thing burned my ficking finger.......

cutting the wire , there shouldnt be any cutting, t taps work for all of it, carefull there...

ray i did get my OD OFF rewired but i hade to modify what you said because my switch dint work, its all good now

Markviiiedrea said:
cutting the wire , there shouldnt be any cutting, t taps work for all of it, carefull there...

ray i did get my OD OFF rewired but i hade to modify what you said because my switch dint work, its all good now

Eric....he had misplaced the t-taps so he thought that you had to cut/splice/solder the wires....after he called me we got it straightened out, and then after not being able to find any t-taps locally, he found the ones I sent him....seems that one of his kids thought it was some new toys......lol

I am glad that you got the switch worked out.....what was wrong with the switch?
:Bang :Beer

ok ray answer this the front goes down but the back goes up....i

lincolnboy said:

my back end dose not go down far but i have cobra shock and a larger sway bar, make sure the taps actually bite into the wire, other wis ray would know

lincolnboy said:

I would have to agree with Eric...but if that does not fix the problem give me a call.

the rear are pins 17, 16 but it was late last nit so i did not want to mess w/ it any more, before i went to bed i post and to see if you knew what might be wrong ( in my head common sense the back dont go down so there is no contact on pins 17, 16) i just went out side and wingled all 14 thru 17 wires conn. and hit the switch only the front went down, DAM, messed w/ 16 nothing and i messed w/ 17 i heard two clicks and after a while im think if the click meant its working i need to ingauge the switch again since when it was not working their was no singal going to 17, 16 so i hit the switch again and i notice movement in the back and dropped....... :Beer :Beer :Beer butt the switch i got from work did not work i wanted to use it since i can use a switch guard and have a lable saying "GOT BAGS" but i have to find out why it did not work or get another switch....but RAY u da MAN :tmi: :tmi: :L
found out you dont need the car on to use the switch,

lincolnboy said:
the rear are pins 17, 16 but it was late last nit so i did not want to mess w/ it any more, before i went to bed i post and to see if you knew what might be wrong ( in my head common sense the back dont go down so there is no contact on pins 17, 16) i just went out side and wingled all 14 thru 17 wires conn. and hit the switch only the front went down, DAM, messed w/ 16 nothing and i messed w/ 17 i heard two clicks and after a while im think if the click meant its working i need to ingauge the switch again since when it was not working their was no singal going to 17, 16 so i hit the switch again and i notice movement in the back and dropped....... :Beer :Beer :Beer butt the switch i got from work did not work i wanted to use it since i can use a switch guard and have a lable saying "GOT BAGS" but i have to find out why it did not work or get another switch....but RAY u da MAN :tmi: :tmi: :L
found out you dont need the car on to use the switch,

It also might be the potentiometer inside the clear plastic box that needs to be adjusted to get the back down......try turning it clockwise to its detent and see if that fixes the prob.......

Members online

Back