Rattles

JbellELDO

New LVC Member
Reaction score
there is a distinct rattling sound-i believe from the suspension-when i go over bumps in the road. Also when i move the steering wheel a touch in either direction, it knocks like its loose or something. Im taking it in to have it serviced this weekend, I was just wondering if anyone knew what my problem might be... Thanks!

-Jon

i had the same problem. i think they said it was the
bushings in the sway bar needed replaced. That was
after they replaced about everything under the front
end. thank goodness it was under warranty. Check the
bushings, that is where you might want to start.

Regarding the suspension noise: Probably swaybar bushings. As to the steering noise: "The upper bearing mount in the steering column can get loose and cause a snapping or clicking, requiring a new bearing spring and turn-signal cancel cam. (1994-96)" Eldorado.

What kind of Caddy is this? Just found it! '93 Eldo

Have you found the cause? Let us know!

Check this thread;

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=16718

There is a 'bumping' noise common with front wheel drive vehicles, at least pre '95. The comment I've heard most is that it is heard when turning in or out of the driveway and hitting the lip where the road and drive meet. I think I remember reading a service bulletin stating that the cause is the slack in the drive axles sliding in and out and is normal. The noise this refers to is barely audible and most never heard the 'bumping' any other time.

By all means, check the suspension closely for any questionable parts before dismissing the noise as 'normal'. It could very easily be a bad inner or outer tie rod end, which would explain the rattle.

If you haven't gotten it fixed yet, there's a chance it could also be front strut isolator bushings and/or strut bearings. I'm going to be working on the front end of mine soon as well to go after a very similar problem.

Members online

No members online now.
Back