rattely tire!!!!

96lincolnpimpin

LVC Member
Reaction score
im new to this site and was just wondering if u guys could help my i just bought a 1996 lincoln town car exc and when i hit a bump or the road is a little bumpy my passenger side makes a rattling noise in the tire area i looked at the rotor and brake caliper and the rotor is really loose like is i was to take the brake caliper off it would just pop off my question is, is there a carter pin or a bolt supposed to hold the rotor in place or does the brake caliper do all the holding if so there was a bolt missing on the brake cailper sattle i replaced it and it still makes the noise PLEASE help its getting argravating
Thanx

Darren :L

No offense intended, get that car off the streets before you kill someone!!
Take it immediately to a qualified brake shop. Either you, or the previous owner have made the brakes a danger to everyone else on the road.
There's NO WAY a properly installed caliper bolt can "fall out".

well i had it taken care of seems like the previous owner had a hillbilly brake job done on it no offence taken man i knew it was bad but its all good now thanks for the comment tho :give

96lincolnpimpin said:
...i had it taken care of seems like the previous owner had a hillbilly brake job done on it...

Whew !! :)

That's great news for the folks in Austin. Sounds like the P.O. only owned a set of pliers and maybe a screwdriver.

Enjoy your new TC!!

:I yea and maybe a par of vice grips i dont know tho but my next question is what is this blend door i read so much about? thanx

*owned*

1991 cadillac fleetwood
1989 cadillac sedan deville
2001 f-150 supercrew
2000 ford crown vic

96lincolnpimpin said:
..my next question is what is this blend door i read so much about?

No fair starting a new topic in an old thread...

However, the Blend Door problem is actually the "A/C Electronic Door Actuator Motor". There an electronic assembly (box) mounted to the top of the Climate Control Plenum that moves a door, blending air to the vents.

The Actuator Motor Assy breaks internally and the door it controls flaps around making a sound like a 2x4 on an oil drum. << Italian exaggeration

Here's some references to the problem, and repair:
LOL
SHO

Members online

No members online now.
Back