Rare lse?

michaelnolin

New LVC Member
Reaction score
This is my 2001 Lincoln ls lse, I was wondering if this was rare at all I can't seem to find the body kit, wheels, grill or much of anything anywhere, I didn't think they even produced lse until 2002, it only has 60k miles and I believe most of everything including the wheels are stock
PXL_20230728_192711926.jpg
PXL_20230728_192737823.MP.jpg

The picture is not very clear, but that looks like an aftermarket grill. No version of the LS has reached collector or high value status.

Im sure there are some high value, just dont ask kelly blue book... How a great car goes for 32,000 22 years ago and kelly blue book says it only worth 2500 kelly is collecting cars for junks yards... You can sink 10 grand into one of these and kelly still says 2500. I just saved this one from a scrap pile...

20230801_110041.jpg

Im sure there are some high value, just dont ask kelly blue book... How a great car goes for 32,000 22 years ago and kelly blue book says it only worth 2500 kelly is collecting cars for junks yards... You can sink 10 grand into one of these and kelly still says 2500. I just saved this one from a scrap pile...

View attachment 828577856
That's really clean, there doesn't seem to be too many that have a spoiler

Not sure I've seen a Gen 1 LSE in white (or cream). Looks nice. I agree the chrome parts of the grills look aftermarket.

The spoiler and the all red tail lights do suggest that it could be an LSE.
It also has lse hub caps and floor mats but it doesn't indicate anything about lse on the title I found some older pics of the car and some of it is aftermarket it was purchased by an old guy that cleaned it up, I think it's kind of interesting with how little of the 2002 lse were made I can't seem to find anything about a 2001 lse

Screenshot_20230909_164340_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230909_164345_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230909_164350_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230909_164835_Facebook.jpg

A previous owner may have put the LSE trim on the car at some point. That was possible in the late 2000's into 2010's when the parts were available. I was tempted to do that conversion on my '02 - it's the same color.
The car is rare because all LS's are rare at this point. :D
Valuable? No, unless you find someone that just really wants an '01 LSE.

Better than an LSE (in my opinion), I believe you have an aftermarket CDC body kit. It was the predecessor to the LSE kit. As far as I can tell, Ford bought the cast molds and made the kit into the 02 LSE trim kit before going to traditional injection molding for the revised gen 2. If so, the grille inserts were intended to be swappable. The CDC kit is more unique and cooler (IMO) but, unfortunately, not necessarily more valuable on the car as a whole. Just please don't scrap the car with that kit, even if it's "just" an LSE. They're rare parts all around.

General LSE stuff:
02 was the first year for the LSE appearance trim (hence why the title, and all titles, should say LS). However, the 02 LSE trim was only available in silver or black. Gen 2 had many colors. Note that there's very little that actually makes an LS into an LSE and it's all in the appearance. It starts as a Sport then gets unique bumpers, skirts, grille, wheels, rear license surround, and an optional flat lip spoiler. Each part is different between gens but follows the same pattern.

Both the gen 1 and gen 2 LSE spoilers were low profile deck/lip spoilers, no air gap. The grille would have been exactly the same mold as the standard grille, but painted.

Gen 1 LSE grille had a body-color upper piece with gunmetal painted teeth. Gen 2 LSE had a body-color surround with chromed teeth.

Gen 1 LSE wheels were the same cast as the 5-spoke 17" gen 1 Sport wheels, but instead of silver, they were painted gunmetal with a polished lip. They didn't have LSE center caps, they were the same caps as the sport - silver with a Lincoln logo. Gen 2 wheels did get unique cast LSE wheels of various types, but mesh/BBS race wheels weren't it.

The base/sport license surround was chrome while the LSE was body color.

Base/sport skirts were basic bare black plastic, Gen 1 LSE is what you see ther,e body color and swoopy. Gen 2 was also body color, but much straighter.

The front bumper had the smiley opening with round fog lights. The rear gen 1 bumper just had a swapped lower valence with exhaust cutouts. Gen 2 LS already had the cutouts, but the LSE valence was then body color instead of black. Gen 1 LSE also would have had quad exhaust tips rather than the ovals.

The spoiler and the all red tail lights do suggest that it could be an LSE.
All gen 1 was sold with all-red tail lights. Any two-tone gen 1 lights were from the export prototypes.

Members online

No members online now.
Back