random windows

cpieler

LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 2000 lincoln ls v8 with a remote start. this has happened twice. on morning in the summer i woke and went down to get in my car and all the windows were down exept the drivers and the sunroof was half open. i couldnt explain it and chalked it off as i slept walked or forgot to put em up (even though the sunroof). thats been a couple of months. i was at a bar eating and watching the game sunday night and i went to leave the place and the same thing, the sunroof was not able to open becouse we were in the middle of an ice storm but all the others were down exept the drivers. yes i did have ice in my car so you can see my concern. the remote start in no way affects the windows (so they say).any help would be valuble. thanks

wow... I know the stock ket fab.. if you hold the unlock button all the window.. in cludeing the sun roof will open... im wondering if that remote start has wired in wrong and it is causing the windows to roll down

if the remote start system is hooked in to the unlock wire, it could cause the windows to roll down, if the unlock wire "sees" ground for more than a couple of seconds, so a faulty brain or the wire could be pinched and grounding out,

the weird part is that the drivers window should also go down just as much as the others unless the is a different problem with that window, since their is only one unlock wire that opperates all the windows and the sunroof, it could also be that your sitting on the remote and holding the unlock button down instead of a faulty system.

yea that is one thing about the aftermarket remote starts or alarms.... they have so much range they work from really far away... which could be a good thing and a bad thing

i had a similar problem once myself, i know about the unlock feature on my remote but one day i went to my car and my passenger window was all the way down and that was it, and the batt was dead. Thats pretty random too i guess. other than that it only happened the one time. i never roll down my windows to begin with.

i work in the mobile electronics field and usually u would have to have a window moduale in order for the windows to roll down from the aftermarket remote. I have not heard of this problem before.

My guess would be that while your keys are in your pocket, the unlock button is being inadvertently pushed and it's rolling your windows down.

i work in the mobile electronics field and usually u would have to have a window moduale in order for the windows to roll down from the aftermarket remote. I have not heard of this problem before.

well it because the car will roll the window up or down with the key in the door when you turn AND hold it, that is why you do not need a window mod for this car. the wires that you tap into for lock and unlock are the wires that run from the key cylinder to the Drivers Door Module (DDM) inside the door, that is why you can also tap extra channels into the same wires and set them for a timer (20 sec) and controll the windows without buying the window module

yeah i looked the wiring info up after i posted and realized that the wires ran together inside the door. I was just going off of past cars which that is not vary common in except german cars. My bad

Members online

No members online now.
Back