Random LS Questions

rgorke

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
1) Has anyone dealt with a noisy/rattling rear view mirror? I hate rattles!!! I can hear it when driving relatively slowly, 10-20 mph and going over small bumps, like cobble stone. I have put some foam up around the metal cover by the windshield and that dealt with one rattle but now I can hear it from the mirror. If I squeeze the mirror front to back, it seems to go away. Maybe putting a couple drops of glue or something on the cover might do it but wanted to know if others have dealt with this issue.

2) What is the socket size for the harmonic balancer/crank pulley bolt? I don't have access right now to the car to try and reach down to see what size socket fits. My memory is something like 18mm, 22mm or 24mm but it's been a couple years since I had a socket on it.

1) Has anyone dealt with a noisy/rattling rear view mirror? I hate rattles!!! I can hear it when driving relatively slowly, 10-20 mph and going over small bumps, like cobble stone. I have put some foam up around the metal cover by the windshield and that dealt with one rattle but now I can hear it from the mirror. If I squeeze the mirror front to back, it seems to go away. Maybe putting a couple drops of glue or something on the cover might do it but wanted to know if others have dealt with this issue.

2) What is the socket size for the harmonic balancer/crank pulley bolt? I don't have access right now to the car to try and reach down to see what size socket fits. My memory is something like 18mm, 22mm or 24mm but it's been a couple years since I had a socket on it.
Check out the rain sensor cover it might be loose and needs to be secured to the rearview mirror better otherwise it could be that the mirror itself needs to be tightened

Members online

Back