Random Idle/ dieing problem

der3wuste3fuchs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been trying to search on the forums to find some kind of direction on this but I haven't had any luck. I also have tried going through all data but it's very vague.

Basically, when I first got the car It would have no problems running. Then, after a while it started to die intermittently.

I tried my best to look for constant or repetitive situations in which the problem was consistent, and it seemed only to stall while at idle and sitting at a stop light or at a parking spot.

I just dealt with it for the while as it happened very rarely.

Now, It is happening at least once a day, and with that I will have a very rough idle while at a stop light or parked.

Basically, the car will run fine and then all of the sudden drop RPMs drastically, try its best to get back up to RPM idle, and fluctuate between low end and high end RPMs. Meanwhile, this shakes the car violently.

Oil, plugs, COPs, and air filter have been done recently. Also fuel filter.

If anyone could give me any insight to this problem I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, and have a wonderful sunday.

Ian.

PCV elbow?

I actually re-checked that and there is a tear. went around spraying to see if there was any leaks and ending up finding a tear where we couldn't see on the elbow.

I'm assuming that will be the culprit, since I have seen many issues linked to that elbow. The only thing is that it seems sealed onto the bottom part (I'm assuming a port on the engine). So I'll have to look up how that's done. Not looking forward to taking that intake off though.

Just as another measure, to eliminate possible tranny issues, a buddy of mine suggested putting the car in neutral to see if the rough idle goes away, as the car will not be in gear with the tranny. So I'll probably give this a try as well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back