Ran the code scanner

Shaun 97VIII

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
on the 1997 VIII due to the mis-firing.

got P0113: IAT sensor circuit high voltage?

anyone ever have this problem? i know that IAT = Intake Air Tempurature, but what can i do to remedy the problem.

I also got the code: Cylinder 2 mis-fire, but i think that is because i pulled the COP off while the car was running yesterday to see what would happen, of course i put it back on right away.

i googled the code #, but didnt find any ways to fix it.

thanks!!!

JC1994 said:
bad IAT sensor would be my guess, and you would probably know by ear if your engine was mis-firing on a cylinder. does it sound like it's hitting on all 8?

when i accellerate the whole car shakes and it idles really rough.
i already replaced 1 CoilPack that had a craccked boot, but that didnt change anything.

the car just flat out runs like :q:q:q:q

Frogman said:
Replace the IAT?

yeah that is going to be next, if i can find one.
already checked the local joints, no luck yet.

i found on a OBDII forum that some people replaced the IAT, but nothing happened and they ended up having to change the PCM ($187)

where is the PCM on the second gen|?

98LSC32V said:
Your PCM is working because your car starts.

Gotcha, thanks!

got the Cylinder 2 mis-fire code again today while driving.
should i replace the ignition coil for #2 now? (#2 is Passenger side, 1st cylinder right?)

new plug so i know thats not it

Passenger side 2nd cylinder. I would replace it or the boot. From what I understand they can get little pin holes in the boots, can't really see with your eyes.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
Passenger side 2nd cylinder. I would replace it or the boot. From what I understand they can get little pin holes in the boots, can't really see with your eyes.

ok, pass. side second cylinder.

the coil and boot is all one assembly
vst60-1001.jpg

they are very easy to replace, just pricey

Members online

No members online now.
Back