Radio will not work

tom-ls

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, im clearly new, and need some help as of to why my radio will not work so, ill straight up tell everyone what happened, one day i was wireing a new cd player in one of my other cars and couldnt get it to work so instead of returning it right away i figured id try it in my lincoln (at the time i had a touch screen in the lincoln) so i quickly just wired the power ground and ignition to see if it would turn on which is did so i shut the car off and unplugged the deck from its harness sowhen i was doing that i wasnt watching and the battery and ground touched and sparked so i figured i blew a fuse or something when checking the fuses they were fine :confused: so i plugged my touchscreen back in and it wouldnt work, so i didnt know what was going on so then i plugged in the stock radio (6cd alpine one) and it wouldnt even turn on so i tried running a direct power wire to the battery and still nothing would anyone know whats going on did i completely screw my whole car up now D: ? my best guess is i shorted something out? i have no clue i dont wanna go too indepth with the electronics cause theres way more then im used to :( oh also the touch screen thats no longer in the car i sold to a friend and works fine so...

There are three fuse boxes. Did you check all of them, or at least the one in the interior and the one in the trunk? It's also possible that you damaged one of the SSP relays.

There are three fuse boxes. Did you check all of them, or at least the one in the interior and the one in the trunk? It's also possible that you damaged one of the SSP relays.

actually i just looked in the fuse panel in the interoir, but i took another look an the relay was missing on the interoir fuse panel, so do you think that might be it? im gunna check the hood fuse panel and trunk then

actually i just looked in the fuse panel in the interoir, but i took another look an the relay was missing on the interoir fuse panel, so do you think that might be it? im gunna check the hood fuse panel and trunk then

I'd bet it's one of the trunk fuses. The SSP relays are in the trunk.

ok so i checke all teh trunk fuses they seemed fine so i went to check the passenger side fuse panel and this 20 amp fuse that was blown before blew again so i replaced it and then the stock radio turned on and made noises like it was trying to read cds, the screen also turned on and let me change the time and switch the slots of where cds would go an some other crap but no sound will come out or the radio wont turn on, and i tried a working aftermarket and i cant even get that one to turn on so now im completely stumped my best guess would be the missing relay in the passenger side fuse panel

Members online

Back