Radio replacement

Mulder

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi, I wish to buy a new radio/gps system, for my 2001 LC. I am considering ALPINE or Kenwood. Does anybody know which models would fit.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I wish to buy a new radio/gps system, for my 2001 LC. I am considering ALPINE or Kenwood. Does anybody know which models would fit.

Thanks in advance!

I have a Soundstream VR764B Head unit in my car, had to make some minor modifications to the lower plastic chunk in order to get all my cabling to the back of the head unit, was very simple with a drill. It is the 7" screen, also folds down to give access to the DVD reader and SD card slot, but covers the top portion of the AC control screen.

Pictures:

Voltmeters for my sound system

1911706_10202724874315979_1419408887_n.jpg

radio1.jpg

radio2.jpg

1911706_10202724874315979_1419408887_n.jpg

radio1.jpg

radio2.jpg

Kenwood or Pioneer will fit in with only slight trimming required at the very top of the radio opening. The cut area can't be seen from inside the car unless you're on the floor.

nav.jpg

The stock radio opening isn't quite 2DIN so you have to trim a little at the top for any nav unit to fit. It's maybe 5mm at the most, and it faces down so nobody in the car can see where it is cut.

You can always buy a spare trim piece to modify (see jrdnhsnbrg's first picture). That part can be found on ebay for under $50, but shipping for you might be a little expensive :D

Ok, so now I know what I wanted to know, thx :)

One more question then - is LC 1995-1997 radio set the same size as of that of LC 2001?

The radio opening appears to be the same but it doesn't have the room needed to cut it larger. Making the opening tall enough would cut into the wood trim instead of being a hidden cut on a 98-02 model.

This pic I found shows what I mean:

1995LincolnContinentalVCDashPartial.jpg

Thank You! so it turns out that modern GPS system that fits radio hole perfectly is rather impossible to come by. Pity...anyway thank you very much indeed!

Members online

No members online now.
Back