Radio question

obrix66

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 6 CD am FM radio in my 03 v6. The CD part of the radio quit working. Its been acting up for awhile and the take the fuse out trick kept it going but I think its done. Its jammed up real good. I can get a 1 CD/ cassette radio for $30. My question now is will it work. Is it plug and play ? If not will another 6 CD radio work ? Is the radio pats protected ?

I have a 6 CD am FM radio in my 03 v6. The CD part of the radio quit working. Its been acting up for awhile and the take the fuse out trick kept it going but I think its done. Its jammed up real good. I can get a 1 CD/ cassette radio for $30. My question now is will it work. Is it plug and play ? If not will another 6 CD radio work ? Is the radio pats protected ?
I suggest going with aftermarket pioneer, Boss or whatever you prefer get the installation kit from Crutchfield call them and let them know what brand and model # it is for the installation parts and enjoy Bluetooth ...you deserve it

The radio has nothing to do with PATS, nor does the factory radio have any security.
Aftermarket can be plug-n-play as long as you get the correct wiring adapters and the correct dash trim/mounting kits.
You will lose the RAP feature (radio plays till door is opened), unless you do some creative wiring.

Bummed to hear the fuse thing didn't last too long. It just worked for me and I don't want to go through the hassle of replacing it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back