Radio problems

maxlsv8

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi I have 97 mk8; I just replaced my factory radio with JVC headunit, after completing the wiring and installing the radio there is no sound. I used a harness from best buy and everything is wired correct. Was there a factory amp somewhere that has to be powered?

I figured it out; I left out the blue amp power wire now it's connected and everything works. thanks

hey i'm haveing a audio situation myself...probably minor...how does the disc changer work....is there some switch or button i'm missing because i cant figure why the CD player wont work

hey i'm haveing a audio situation myself...probably minor...how does the disc changer work....is there some switch or button i'm missing because i cant figure why the CD player wont work

Common issue for our Marks, for those who have the multi-changer in the trunk. I have been fortunate and mine still works, but maybe once every couple of months I get no disk found. I find if I eject the cartridge and blow the changer out with compressed air and carefully insert the cart again, it will work again. When it finally gives up the ghost- I will get an aftermarket player.

Common issue for our Marks, for those who have the multi-changer in the trunk. I have been fortunate and mine still works, but maybe once every couple of months I get no disk found. I find if I eject the cartridge and blow the changer out with compressed air and carefully insert the cart again, it will work again. When it finally gives up the ghost- I will get an aftermarket player.

Ill try that then...when I hit eject it ejects the cartridge but ..it wont play any cds. I dont even know where tha CD option is! there is no indication of any Compact Disc playing device I'm at a total loss. I was lovin that 10 disc changer deal!. I wanted to keep it as stock as possible but i'll prolly wind up throwin some 17's on her by summer though and do somthing with thia Cd issue

Members online

No members online now.
Back